To kill or not to kill

by Chook 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chook
    Chook

How many JWs would kill a violent rapist in there home or protect their family with lethal means . The one thing I love about the USA is the right to defend oneself with lethal force in their own home. It's not that I want to kill someone but better them dead than my children.

• zeb
    zeb

I thought about the US 'right to carry laws' recently with the murderous attacks in London.

The politicians' here dither about personal defence when ever some atrocity has occurred but the issue of self defence is still very weak. If I were to defend my home and kin resulting the death of the felon I would be in deep s*** if they or their family were entitled to free legal aid.

• smiddy
    smiddy

With the way the Judicial system is being handled here in Victoria Australia.at the present time I`m afraid the perpetrators of a crime seem to have the law on their side.

And the victims are the losers especially where the criminals are given a slap on the wrist ,given probation and are free to commit more crimes and then get another slap on the wrist given bail and are free to commit more crimes.

And they do.

This is no joke this is truly the state of things in Vic Aust at the present time.under a labour Govt.

Their is plenty of talk about correcting this problem but the magistrates keep letting these crims out on the streets.

• stillin
    stillin

It's a mixed bag. Local deputies here would most likely give you a pat on the back if you killed an intruder. But it can go the other way, too. Sometimes the person is doubling as an informer. Nobody thinks that informers are little angels but they DO bring in some arrests. If a homeowner killed one of those it could bring trouble. Or somebody with family connections to law enforcement.

I have heard it said that if at all possible, shoot, shovel, and shut up.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

How many JWs would kill a violent rapist in there home or protect their family with lethal means - I don't know, but I'm guessing at least some would do just that.

And I agree with you, Chook, that people should have the right to defend themselves, using any force necessary - including lethal force, in their own homes.

About 15 years ago, a British farmer shot two burglars on his doorstep at night, and one died.

The farmer was arrested and went to jail. He was released some months later. Common sense eventually won out ...

• carla
    carla

It depends on what the latest wt rag has said about it or the milieu of the current cong.

I know this because over the years I have asked my jw that very question, would he, if needed protect me & our kids? if that was the only option? Sometimes the answer was, "well I would have to think about it" ( never mind that if someone is in the act of strangling/raping your wife or children there is not a whole lot of time to mull it over) other times it was, "yes, you are allowed to protect your family even if it involves deadly force". So there you have it, depends on what the wt has to say about at the moment. That was my experience anyway.

• John Davis
    John Davis

Not all states you can kill or even harm an intruder. There are stand your ground states where you can use lethal force if you feel that you are reasonably threatened or you are defending someone else. Then there are states where you have to attempt to withdraw from the situation if you feel that your life is threatened, there is some murkiness when it comes to within your home but some of the same principles apply. No one wants to take another person's life even if it is legal for them to do so.

• dogon
    dogon

I have been a gun enthusiast for over 40 years. I have had a CCW or concealed weapons lisc. for over 10 years. I carry every day. If I run out and forget my Ruger SR9c I feel like I left home without my pants. That said I have had this argument for many years with the watchtower. I started by asking elders if I could defend myself with force from an attack. I asked one elder who I was partner's in business with what he would do if a rapist or murder broke into his house. He said and I am not joking I would try to push them out the door. I then moved on to other elders and was shown articles that said it would be better to be hurt than to kill someone and Jehovah would make it right. I had asked what about Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. I was give a lot of bull shit, so I decided to write a letter to the borg. I was scared because they were so almighty. The response I got was like Dorthy looking behind the curtain. I wrote three letter to the cult and received two letters back.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/edteach2/1994_first_letter%20to%20watchtower%20page%201_zpsfhbqxaic.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/edteach2/1994%20page%202-page-001_zpsud8kyg3a.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/edteach2/1994%20first%20letter%20page%203_zps3af1ro7t.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/edteach2/Watchtower_answer94%20first_page_4-page-001_zpsyq1rvhsf.jpg

• dogon
  • dogon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit