My wife PIMI wife said today...." The Tribulation has started"

by goingthruthemotions 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

My wife PIMI wife said today...." The Tribulation has started" I was Like WTF... I know things are bad. But...... we have had other pandamics and market crashes in the past.

1889: Russian Flu 360,000 perished

1918: Spanish Flu 50 million perished

1957: Asian Flu 1.1 million perished

Ebola, SARS.....on and on

The markets crashed hard in 1929, 1987, 2008.... and many small ones in between.

we have been a bull run for the longest in history and were due for a correction with or without a Corona virus.

But, now it's the end of the world or system of things. really? so much more than the turn of the 20th century? it would have fullfilled JW prophessy better back then.

So i told my wife, "I thought the GB idots were suposed to get raptured in the tribulation". I also told her, "if it was the tribulation, then why is the ORG spending million on a media center project expected to end in 2026", wouldn't the funds be better preaching.

crickets is all i heard back... she is soooooo blind. it truely sucks so much.

• Ding
    Ding

1. Ask her to show you where the Watchtower has explicitly said this. (Make clear you're not interested in what Elder Know-It-All says. You want to see where "the faithful and discreet slave" has said it.) If she can't produce that, isn't she running ahead of Jehovah's chariot? Isn't it wrong to do that?

2. If she produces some WT publication where this is actually stated, ask her how she will view things if it turns out NOT to be the tribulation after all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

PIMI wife - "They're (finally) attacking Jehovah's People(TM)!!!"

goingthruthemotions - "Um... isn't 'Babylon the Great' supposed to be attacked first?"

• Magnum
    Magnum

According to JWs, isn't the tribulation supposed to start with the destruction of non-JW religions by the governments, or have they changed that, too? What about the cry of peace and security? What happened to that?

edit: Hadn't seen Vidiot's post when I posted.

• Biahi
    Biahi

EVERYTHING (good or bad) is a sign to them. They need to get a life.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

You have it really easy....just say: "honey, if the great tribulation has already started, why they have still the door open?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Back in 1960 When we were trying to get a man to the moon. JW's said it will never happen....... mankind will never go to the moon...god forbids it.

"That's one small step for man. One giant leap for mankind."

650 million people listened or saw that message. The JW's........ not so much.

It didn't fit into their belief.

The dumb shits are still at it to this day.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Not sure what your relationship status is like and your JW position l, however ..... you can use this to your advantage.

Ask her for a time frame, as in ... will Armageddon be here within 6 months? A year? See what she says. Tell her .... you KNOW with 100% confidence that in 6 months/ a year/ whatever her answer ... Armageddon will not have come and that this, though devastating to some will pass. Say you KNOW this 100% and that when her predicted time comes and this CV passes without the end of the world, if she wants to know HOW you knew it wasn’t going to lead to Armageddon you’d be happy to explain.

Then leave it be.

That is a powerful thing to do, be confident about it. When the time passes it will make her think 🤔. It can’t not.

• caves
    caves

That sucks! But very predictable. One of the last few times I spoke with a jw relative (long time ago now) they said the society (gb) is giving "hints" that the great tribulation has started.

That's all they do now is "HINT" at it having started and let the flocks minds run wild.

So many other denominations think this is the great trib too. All.The.Time.

I'm glad all you heard was crickets. Hopefully you shut it down for now.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

GTTM: ask your wife -

a) why the self-proclaimed 'faithful slave' opposes & contradicts Jesus who said that the great tribulation of Matthew 24:21 would never occur again. (What exactly did he mean by "never"?)

b) The great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 is contextually referring to the same one mentioned earlier at Revelation 2:22, so why does the hierarchy cross-reference Rev. 7:14 with Matt. 24:21, instead of with Rev. 2:22? (Two different G.T.'s are being discussed)

How can the org's 'tribulation' kick off with Babylon the Great being destroyed if the judgment starts first with the house of God? (1 Peter 4:17)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit