Actively Fading and The Memorial

by All for show 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    It's on a Tuesday this year, right? Midweek meetings don't work with my schedule unless I'll be getting paid at least $45 per hour to attend.
  • steve2
    steve2

"Oh, that's a shame: It's on a Tuesday evening and since I've got absolutely nothing else on that night, I won't be able to make it."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    You want to reject Jesus? At least go all the way in doing this. If they hound you to show up, I would recommend bringing in a Ouija board and a deck of Tarot cards. Put some Led Zeppelin music in your device and play that while at the event. You will still reject Jesus, but you will not also reject Satan and leave yourself in bad standing in both sides. And you will probably be disfellowshipped, meaning that will be the last time they hound you to attend.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Missing it and not hiding that you missed it is a good fade. You cannot be disfellowshipped for it, and it lets people know you really are on the way out. Some may try to encourage you afterwards, so just be prepared with some responses that won't get you in trouble.
  • MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken
    I saw that is on a Wednesday, 23 of March
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said Pete Zahut and jwfacts.

One question: When we were all "perfect witnesses", how did we feel about those "once a year" attenders? In my part of the world, they were always spoken of in a derisive and condemning way...so why become another source of negative gossip for them?

• Landy
    Landy
    One question: When we were all "perfect witnesses", how did we feel about those "once a year" attenders? In my part of the world, they were always spoken of in a derisive and condemning way...so why become another source of negative gossip for them?

We used to call them 'Submarines' as they surfaced once a year.

That was my reason for not going to them in the early years of my stopping going.

• freddo
    freddo

Maybe if you feel you "have to attend" or "truthfully say you have attended " you could go to:

Another congregation in your hall as "the time suits better" = less love bombing/awkwardness

A congregation in another town "where your relative/friend who's invited you attends" - just go to a hall where you know no-one at all.

Or if you want to lie and make an excuse:-

Go away for a short break and "attend in London/Edinburgh/Cardiff" or some other plausible late winter citybreak type of place where there are several halls to choose from. You need to know the town well enough to blag it mind!

Be "really really sick" and use the phone in link (which didn't work again) and ignore the phone.

The best one tho' has to be jwfacts "don't go - they can't df you for it!"

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Missing it for the first time.

Sorry ElderNewton, I like your way of handling it but accidentally pressed dislike.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    something very symbolic making the memorial your very last meeting at a KH, it was mine, my fade started in 1992, I attended the 1993 memorial than the 1994 and almost walked out as it was starting and that was it, I never set foot in the place ever again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit