Car crash

by truthwillsetyoufree 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Checked online, his wife's name was Anna. It was him. They were a really nice family. This is too sad. His was the first time I'd ever used an answer machine. He complimented me on being confident when using it. Me being Scottish laughed, and said " it's got nothing to do with confidence. I wasnt going to waste 10p and a trip to the phone box " . How we chuckled at people's perceptions of national stereotypes.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Outlaw plumbs new depths
  • Simon
    Simon

Very sad news and I don't think it's at all appropriate to try and play religious politics with someone's tragedy.

Where they were going when they were killed is irrelevant. If they were going to a park or going to buy groceries we wouldn't start condemning those things would we?

Losing a child has to be the worse thing imaginable for anyone and our thoughts go out to the family concerned.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Something similar happened to a friend of the family. He, his wife, and another lady were in rural territory, driving house to house, backed out into the road, and got hit. The man got badly hurt. His wife died.
  • Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Yes it's a tragedy. As we all know shit happens! (and it isn't nice, nor does it discriminate when it does...)

As an aside: I do find it hypocritical how when something good happens, religious people attribute it as a blessing from God; but when something bad like this happens God is not concerned (fault of imperfect humans, devil, etc.)

DK

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Terrible tragedy!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit