How many people have been woken up by the A.R.C??

by karter 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Confusedandangry - "Turns out they told the same spiel to several other sisters in the hall."

Hmph.

Sounds like a half-assed and misguided attempt at preemptive damage control to me.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    How Many People Have Been Woken Up By The A. R. C.??

That's like asking...

How many Southern Californian JWs or how many San Diego California JWs have been woken up by the present day existence of Watchtower's 5,300 square foot mansion known as Beth Sarim, located at 4440 Breaburn Road, San Diego, Calif?

Watchtower's Beth Sarim is located less than 10 minutes and less than 3 1/2 miles from Qualcomm Stadium where for many years tens of thousands of Southern California JWs have been attending their Regional (District) Conventions.

How many of these tens of thousands of JWs actually know of the existence of this past Watchtower residence built to house Abraham, David, Isaiah, Moses, Samuel and others?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There are 2 things that people criticize the organization over that will not affect me. The UN NGO thing, and this ARC. Both are criticisms about the GB and Watchtower and what people did or said and mean nothing about the religion itself.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We were already out by the time of ARC. But it was so good for us. We loved watching every minute. It was like therapy. We actually started doing a lot better emotionally after that.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    "How many of these tens of thousands of JWs actually know of the existence of this past Watchtower residence built to house Abraham, David, Isaiah, Moses, Samuel and others?"

Because Rutherford bought some property way back when, why would that matter?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We were out when the ARC occurred. We sat up until early morning hours watching it. So many people don't even know it happened. Some don't care, they are just waiting for their dead loved ones to come back and their happiness to begin. Sad!!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

wow...Freddo...that sounds terrible.

• steve2
    steve2

How many JWs who went through the 1975 shenanigans, watched the whitewashing video of 1975 at last year’s conventions and didn’t blink an eye? I’d say, None. Those who were disturbed by the 1975 fiasco have already left, leaving behind mindless drones.

For those who claim JWs in their country don’t know about the ARC, I suggest it has little to do with “lack” of media coverage and much more to do with blind-minded and wilful ignorance of the Witnesses themselves.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Reportedly, when one zealous elder was asked about it, he told the folks "you can't believe anything you see like that on the internet -- it can all be photoshopped and made to appear that anybody said anything they want it to look like."

Yep, JWs Fake News.

Photoshop is a tool of the Devil!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DoC - "Reportedly, when one zealous elder was asked about it, he told the folks 'you can't believe anything you see like that on the internet - it can all be photoshopped and made to appear that anybody said anything they want it to look like'."

I loyal JW once said that to me, too (when discussing another, unrelated topic).

I replied, "maybe so, but by that token, you shouldn't just automatically reject something you read on the 'net, either, just because you don't like hearing it or because it might call your worldview into question... in my experience, the thing you want to hear the least is usually the thing you need to hear the most..." (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

To her credit, she conceded the point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit