How many people have been woken up by the A.R.C??

by karter 39 Replies latest jw friends

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Not nearly as many of us here may have hoped for. In fact, when watching countless YouTube videos (cart witnessing discussions) and listening to observations from members here that live in Australia it would appear that generally worldwide most JWs remain blissfully unaware of the ARC and want to remain that way.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"It's all Apostate Lies" they parrot, and refuse to watch it.

The JW Org's evil brain-lockdown method has worked on all who remain in the Org.

The present day JW is incapable of taking in anything not directly from the Org. and has had their reasoning ability REMOVED !

It is frightening to observe.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

A lot in Australia have been woken up and a lot have left. This I know as I continually receive phone calls and messages from them as well as personally talking to them at meetups.

Oh, and I have received the odd Xmas card from former JWs. I think it was their way of expressing they had woken up.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! Many.

I can remember the day I sent the report to my wife (unstuck). She had sort of started waking up.

She devoured the report, and in that day, she was forever "out" of the grips of the Society!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nearly everyone in the US is totally oblivious to the ARC.

Hell, they don't even know about the Conti and Lopez trials.

As expressed in earlier posts here, most DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

Image result for head in the sand

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pale.emperor - "I dismissed these claims immediately believing that Jehovah would never allow such a thing so it can't be true."

That's the crux of why the GB are (desperately, at this point, IMO) trying so hard to keep the rank-and-file from either finding out about it or believing it.

'Cause I suspect the vast majority of 'em feel the same way you did...

...and it therefore follows that if such a thing is happening, HTF can it possibly be "God's Earthly Organization"?...

...and if it isn't "God's Earthly Organization", then an authentic Christian has a moral duty to leave (by the WT's own stated standards, no less :smirk:).

Plus - let's face it - being a dutiful JW isn't the easiest or most pleasant lifestyle... so if it isn't "God's Earthly Organization", where's the incentive to stay?

And at the moment, the Org needs to keep its membership (or more accurately, its membership's financial support); its survival is - arguably - dependent on it.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

I lived in Australia from 2015-2017 and never heard of the ARC until Feb 2017 when i was visiting the U.S! But once my spouse showed me a video of it, (trying to defend the org) that was it for me. Within one month of countless research I knew I was done.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I recently had a JW contact me. Initially she had a minor question related to business. But then she shifted the subject.

She said she didn't know exactly why we'd left, but that she wanted us to know that she knew us well enough to figure that we only would have left for a good reason.

She made an allusion to WTBTS "bad policies". I immediately referred to the child abuse problem. I told her that it was one of the reasons that I'd resigned as an elder. At this point she kind of went off on the subject. We had a good discussion. At one point during the chat I asked her, "Do you realize that even though we're talking together about things that are true, if the elders heard us we'd be treated worse than child molesters?" She answered, "Yeah, wow, that's true."

At one point in the conversation I asked her if she had read any of the court transcripts of these abuse cases. She was quiet for a minute and then said, "We've watched the ARC." I said "all of it?", she replied "Yes."

They are not 100% out as far as I can tell, but the ARC definitely had a big impact.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I was already out when I became aware of the ARC but after reading the transcripts and watching video of the brother's testimony and their bold faced lies - I knew I was done for good.

• zeb
    zeb

The ARC was signed into being by Her Majesty the Queen having recognised the need for such a far reaching investigation into child abuse.

So the elders who cry the wt line of 'apostate lies' are revealing their terrible ignorance of the process of law and they are saying that HM is some sort of an apostate.

They are repeating the Borg in its contempt for the rule of law. The justice at the ARC stated (from memory) that the wt elders appearing at the commission were among the least prepared and had no knowledge of procedure and they all had terrible memory's.

CAA. What video of the ARC showed the elders in a favourable way that your wife showed it to you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit