What do you do when you're home alone on a meeting night?

by nowawake14 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Prester John
    Prester John

Yes, TOTP was something I hardly ever saw on TV, as it was always Thursday nights.

Lucky I was sick for the wonderful FA Cup final reply between Spurs and Man City back in 1981. That was a Thursday night too.

• blondie
    blondie

sparky1, thanks for sharing your similar experience. Yes, after a few months of that

Friday night school/service meeting

Saturday morning field service

Sunday morning meetings (fortunately we did not have Sunday morning field service and 3p meetings on Sunday)

I will add that many jws did not go out in service on Sunday morning or after the afternoon on Sunday. They knew it was overkill.

I knew a Bethelite said that he had to add the Monday evening family study to a similar schedule.

• blondie
    blondie

I will add regarding meeting night tv shows.

When the Cosby show was on primetime Tuesdays at 8pm (central time), the starting time was adjusted to 7p and as soon as the meeting was over at the private home, the tv went on and many sat around watching it. They even complained about the other jws who stayed and talked, to go someone else and talk, it was interfering with the tv show. They did not care that some attending got home from work at 5:30 and had to scramble to eat, get ready, and drive to the private home.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    When the Cosby show was on primetime Tuesdays at 8pm

Cosby came on Thursday nights, because if was killing the ratings of Magnum PI, on CBS which was a Thursday night show. In one of the Golden Girls episodes when they're planning the funeral of their mean neighbor who wanted to cut a tree down, they even make a reference to Cosby coming on Thursday nights

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, Shirley W. It has been so long. The congregation shared the hall and their book studies were on Thursday night. I never wanted to watch the show.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

No need to apologize, but the show at that time was an all time ratings grabber and everyone knew that on Thursday nights they knew at least one show they had to be home for, that's why you through me off with the Tuesday reference

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Watch R movies. Maybe X movies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just Netflix.

Sometimes a book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit