What will be the Next Flip Flop?

by Quarterback 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can't see them changing disfellowshipping. If anything, they are tightening up.They're on a "Remain Loyal to Jehovah" theme right now. ~ Ding

I think we've already seen that change. You no longer have to be DF or DA to be shunned. If you're inactive (weak) and not attending meetings (irregular/ or inactive), then you have already been labeled as no longer being "good association". You'll be excluded from Cong functions and invitations for lunch out or social events will cease.

When you quit attending meetings, instead of the elders or your (former) good friends rushing to "rescue you from out of the fire", they will apply 1 John 2:19 to you: "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

Once again, it's YOUR FAULT.

Doc

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    At some point the JW website will have a CHAT on it for preaching - like the Mormon website has.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

The WTS will never truly let up on its hard-line policies.

From their POV, they don't dare.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The End Days, NO one knows when it will arrive. Live your life and hope for the best, in the

mean time keep up the work and continue to send in your dollars.

They will stop the carrot dangling because they realize no one believe the BS...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    tdtt has it right I guess, they seem to have copied the Mormon Site from the start of their own Site.
  • blondie
    blondie

The WTS already counsels jws to avoid the spiritually weak unless it is at the meetings.

w01 10/1 pp. 13-18

• How Can You Help a “Prodigal” Child?
  • 17 What about a youth who is not disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation but who has become weak in faith? “If one member suffers,” wrote the apostle Paul, “all the other members suffer with [him].” (1 Corinthians 12:26) Others can take an active interest in such a youth. Of course, a measure of caution is needed, since a spiritually ailing youth could adversely influence other young ones. (Galatians 5:7-9) In one congregation, well-meaning adults who wanted to help some youths who had become spiritually weak invited them to gatherings to play popular music together. Though the youths readily complied and enjoyed such sessions, their influence on one another eventually led them to cut their ties with the congregation. (1 Corinthians 15:33; Jude 22, 23) What can help heal the ailing child is, not social gatherings with no spiritual direction, but association that helps him to cultivate a taste for spiritual things

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

I can't see them doing away with DF/DA/ shunning anytime soon--maybe they'll give it a new "theocratic" label or something to make it seem more innocent to outsiders, but Shunning is definitely at the core of the religion's power.

I agree with those who say they will acknowledge that 144,000 in Revelation is not a literal number. It would seem like really big "new light" to RandF JWs, but it actually wouldn't change anything for GB since the 2012 "new light" established the GB as the FDS. It would provide lots material for new speculation and excitement among the troops, all the while distracting them from the issues like child abuse and $$$. I could even see this as a way to generate more cash because some JWs will be so $$ appreciative $$ that the GB has opened the gates of heaven to more folks.

They have to keep 1914 and the overlapping crap, though, because that is the only way to keep their authority as the FDS.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave..."

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I guess that brochure released last summer on inactive ones is dead in the water
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The "generation" will be the next major flip-flop. It's inevitable. Once the current old-f**ckers die off, and free up valuable space on the arena floor, the WTBTS will "adjust" the generation dogma. They have to. There is no choice.

TOMO, Loesch, Token Black Guy,.....they are all going to die. Next, Jackson, Rubber Face, and ( I never met a f***ing sandwich that I didn't eat..) Sanderson, will be next.

When no "GT/BIG A" occurs, the new GB-Helpers/ GB will be forced to "adjust" the meaning of "this generation."

Thats a flip-flop. I predict that an "adjustment" regarding the term "ordained minister" will happen first.

STAY TUNED!!!!

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They will be forced to "adjust" the generation dogma. Also, I predict an "adjustment" to the meaning of "ordained minister."

They have already quasi-flip-flopped on the meaning of "ordained minister." They will have to make changes when they are being hammered by lawsuits on multiple fronts.

DD

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit