With these 2 long term building projects will it FINALLY wake up some jdub's?

by nowwhat? 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Every other building will be flattened. maybe some halls will survive
    What happened to moving to the holy city of Jerusalem

When I was young we were taught/believed that nothing would survive of the old world including all the concrete Bethel building etc that these are eyesores that won't be around. Instead greenery and building our own wooden places would be the thing.

When did they build this Patterson by the way, anyone know?(I live in the UK) I remember seeing that video of the farm in the mid nineties and being shocked at the scale.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    P.E. i wasn’t even supposed to graduate high school... 16 years ago.

Make that 30 for me.

Anyone raise me on 30?? Going once....

• sir82
    sir82

Not too far from 40 years for me....

Oh, and not only was I not supposed to graduate from high school, I wasn't ever supposed to finish elementary school (1975 & all).

Sir82 of the "old codger" class.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I graduated in 1965. My math is bad-----so how many years is that for me? I have too many really important numbers in my head like 1914, 1919, 1925, 1931, 1975, 2000, 7 x 360=2,520 years, you know all those important numbers!

just saying!

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Graduated in 1969.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think the reality is that it is very difficult to wake up JWs. JWs are under a potent psychological spell. It handicaps their ability to engage in sound logical thinking with respect to scrutinizing the claims of the organization.

If Jehovah himself spoke from heaven and told JWs that jborg is not his organization, the JWs will then proceed to do a search on jborg's official website to determine if what they're hearing is true or if it's just another apostate-driven lie. Yes, I'm convinced that in such a scenario, JWs will be more inclined to accuse the voice from heaven of being that of an apostate, than that of Jehovah himself - because how can Jehovah possibly reject his own organization that he chose in 1919, right? lol.

There is a great irony here. The Governing Body is petrified of JWs getting apostate information as if it has the power to sway a majority of them away from the organization. In reality, very few JWs are actually swayed by such information - too few - to justify the apostate paranoia that is exhibited by the organization. It is the organization's own mistreatment of individual JWs that breaks the psychological spell allowing the individual to finally be able to see the organization for what it truly is and scrutinize it logically.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's all about money.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My two sons were born one in 1962 the other in 1968 ,neither of them were ever going to finish high school so JW`s stated , one is now 57 years old and the other 51 years old .

Thankfully neither of them have anything to do with religion.

• BourneIdentity
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So much for the organization hurting for money. They are not going away anytime soon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit