How many members of Governing Body have college(or higher) degrees?

by intropist 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

for years the rumor persisted that Fred Franz went to Oxford under the Rhodes plan, but someone, perhaps Bill Cetnar (?), called the WTS on the carpet by writing the Rhodes people for verification. They checked their records and found no such thing. Then the investigator began publishing the truth about the matter, so Franz had to "correct" the rumor and say that he was offered the scholarship..

It`s worse than that..

Franz along with others was invited to take a competitive exam..

To win the prize of the Cecil Rhodes Scholarship..

Franz never took the exam..

This is the only offer Franz ever got..

You and Me Freddie!

What Do`ya Say Darlin?!.............................Oh Shit!..

Image result for hillbilly womanImage result for watchtower fred franz

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

That flannel shirt

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Definitely not Tony Morris. I would be surprised if he finished elementary school.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

one thing sure : they all have graduated in manipulation most high degrees!!!

• intropist
    intropist
    Thanks for your kind comments.
    Can it be summarized as the below?
    • Current GB
      • None
    • Former GB
      • Bachelor Degree & Master Degree
        • Lloyd Barry - Unknown College in New Zealand
      • Dropouts
        • Fred Franz - University of Cincinnati
        • Albert Schroeder - University of Michigan
      • RubaDub
        RubaDub

I thought we ALL had college degrees by reading the Awake.

At least that is what I was always told, that there was so much information that we would be more intelligent than people with formal degrees.

My question always was, if I read the Awake cover to cover I will get a degree in what?

Rub a Dub

• sir82
        sir82

Franz DID attend the University of Cincinnati, but I can't find any information on whether he completed his undergraduate degree.

The current crop appear to be dolts and nitwits - I'm quite sure none of the have even set foot on a campus.

• Earnest
        Earnest

In the court case Douglas Walsh vs. The Right Honorable James Latham Clyde, M. P. C., etc., held in Scotland in 1954, Fred Franz was examined and cross-examined on a large number of topics including his education. The following comes from the trial transcript :

pp.91B - 91D

Q. When did you go to the University?
        A. In 1911, and I continued there until April 1914.

Q. Did you graduate?
        A. No, I did not. I left the University in 1914 because I realised, according to the Scriptures, that that was the crucial year which was to be marked by the outbreak of the great trouble, and I realised that the ministerial work was the most important thing in the world to do and I wanted to get into the ministerial work before the great trouble broke, and so I wanted to get in earlier but my father refused to permit me to leave the University because I was still under 21. In April of 1914 he acceded to my wishes and allowed me to leave the University, and I immediately entered full time ministerial service as a pioneer.

pp.176A - 176C

Q. I think you yourself left Cincinnati University without taking a degree, as Mr. Leslie elicited, but I do not think you told us one other matter. Is it the case that you sat for and were awarded a Rhodes Scholarship?
        A. Yes, I was offered a Cecil Rhodes Scholarship, I took an examination for that in the University of Ohio, the State University of Columbus, Ohio.

Q. What year was that when you were nominated a Rhodes Scholar?
        A. That was in 1914, but in view of my decision as to the ministry as one of Jehovah's Witnesses I turned that down.

The transcript of the court case is available free and is an invaluable resource for those interested in the background of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• blondie
        blondie

Acts 4:13 NIV

13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
      • jp1692
        jp1692

Besides the fact that the Bible is no longer an authoritative source to most of us here, the relevant point is that the WT Leaders, aka the GB 2.0, were not and never have "been with Jesus."

That guy died over two thousand years ago and has been "invisibly (and inconsequentially) present" ever since. He's dead. Gone. Deal with it.

Share this

Google+
      Pinterest
      Reddit