How many members of Governing Body have college(or higher) degrees?

by intropist 21 Replies latest jw friends

• intropist
    intropist

I just wonder what universities they would have gone to?

If possible, former members and current ones separately...

• smiddy
    smiddy

The Watchtower and Awake magazines , along with the many other publications ,produced by the WTB&TS , over many years , such as the "Aid To Bible Understanding" , "Equipped For Every Good Work" , "Jehovah`s Witnesses In The Divine Purpose" the New World Translation of the Bible , the Kingdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Scriptures , etc,etc.

Have provided Jehovah`s Witnesses with an education that you could not find in any University of higher education anywhere in the world for preparing ones life in the coming New System , so close at hand .

The education JW`s provide since 1879 is next to none , and I mean none.

Why would members of the Governing Body need to look any further.? It`s all there for the taking .

smiddy

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

For the current lot: a nice, round 0.

PS - isn't there a rumour that Fred Franz could have gone up to Oxford on a scholarship?

• careful
    careful

LUHE has it right for GB 2.0. Yes, for years the rumor persisted that Fred Franz went to Oxford under the Rhodes plan, but someone, perhaps Bill Cetnar (?), called the WTS on the carpet by writing the Rhodes people for verification. They checked their records and found no such thing. Then the investigator began publishing the truth about the matter, so Franz had to "correct" the rumor and say that he was offered the scholarship, but instead he dropped out of college in order to become a colporteur (literally "book salesman" = pioneer in the old days ).

In the previous GB, B. Schroeder and L. Barry had bachelor's degrees.

In one of those autobiographical WT/AW articles on Schroeder, he stated that Rutherford "called him to Bethel" while he was almost finished earning his bachelor's. He delayed coming to Bethel so as to finish his degree. For this he was chewed out by JFR when he finally arrived. Thus the WT anti-education policy goes back a long time. However, it is noteworthy that the org has historically used such intelligent, educated men. Schroeder became an early Gilead instructor and Barry the Branch Servant in Japan, and both wound up on the GB. Of course, all this was under Knorr, not JFR.

Does anyone know in what fields Schroeder and Barry had their degrees?

• DJS
    DJS

Mama always says . . . .

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

If possible, former members and current ones separately...

What's the purpose of this part?

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Based on the faulty content they produce...NONE!!

• blondie
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

They draw from the well of ignorance, a bottomless, inexhaustible resource. They spread the contents around with great skill and enthusiasm.

Edit. I have no idea how I managed to post in part on two threads.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Thanks for the links, Blondie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit