A Stroll Down Memory Lane!

by Atlantis 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

BluesBrother will never get old cause he is too dear to us! I will check and see about that film. Sounds a little interesting and gramps might have it somewhere.

Thanks!

Petra!

• Atlantis
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Heritage Parts 1-4

Petra!
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I was 8 back in 1955 when my mom signed me up for the Ministry School so I could give bible readings. Do you remember when the school servant actually had 'roll call' before the meeting started? He would call out our names and we would answer up "here" or "present" just like grade school!

In those days, only 'brothers' were 'enrolled' in the school. Sisters got the "privilege" of hearing 8 year old kids preach to them! lol

just saying!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thanks Atlantis,

Now that I see it, I watched this movie some time ago and didn't know the name of it. It's curious that I don't remember seeing it back in the '60's. In '66 I was a bit young, but I think I would have remembered it.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

🙈I remember once on the Written Review, an "anointed" raised his hand and answered incorrectly! The congregation gasped and I thought some were going to pass out. The "annointed" were viewed as perfect to a lot of the "friends."

The congregation always looked forward to the part of the C.O.'s visit, Continue In The New Things Learned. It was like a Revelation from John!

(sorry, I couldn't remove the camera)

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

I Remember the rotten review was there a time when you handed it in and it got marked and handed back or have I remember it wrong?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

eyeuse2badub:

No I don't remember any roll call. That must have been before my time because I was born in 1995.

Thank you! Petra!

------------------------------------------------------------------

dropoffyourkeylee:

I didn't even know Atlantis had it until today. Funny how we forget about movies we have seen.

Thank you! Petra!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

IWant2Leave:

The congregation gasped? Wow, that must have given you a shock. Back then a wrong answer from an anointed probably got a lot of talk going around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fadeaway1962:

I am not sure about handing the review in and then having it given back. Did they grade the reviews or something? I should ask gramps cause he would know. I think he mentioned that you had to grade your own written review. Maybe each congregation had their own system.

Thank you! Petra!

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Congregations had their own system. Some would have you hand your Review to someone near you to be graded. In other congregations, you could write in the correct answers as the answers were given and come away looking like an "A" student! Very spiritual.😂

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Yes Atlantis, wrong answers by anointed, made people wonder if you were really anointed. Shouldn't that apply to the "Big Eight" in Warwick and all the ones b4 them? All the unfulfilled prophecies and new light?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit