Do you think any of the GB have different beliefs?

by neat blue dog 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I should guess that all of them have internal doubts about some of the Bulls***, as all of us must have had, even if with us, it was something as almost trivial as the excessive Rules, rather than actual Doctrine.

But it must have been seriously rattling to them as they formulated the various changes over the Generation Doctrine, knowing that they were being simply reactive to the passing of time, and just making it up as they went along.

I think they know quite well how dodgy the whole thing surrounding 1914 is as well, from the time in the '60's when Carl Olof Jonsson wrote to them, and proved 1914 was totally in error, and then published his Book on it, they must have been inundated with letters along the same lines.

They may fool themselves that, regardless, they are still god's org. but they know they are lying about this.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They know it's wrong...

...but believe it's true...

...at the same time.

Seriously.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sure!

One of them is a Zero-astrian,

One of them is a Seismentologist,

and two of them are Last-Thursday-ists!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I agree with Smiddy and Vidiot both at the same time.

I think Gerrit Losche probably believes....he’s away with the fairies. Some of them compartmentalise.

Some of them, I’m thinking in particular of Stephen Lett, know very well about the child abuse (since he meets with lawyers on a weekly basis), but enjoy the devotion of the followers too much and the cushy lifestyle.

Remember they are also kept busy, busy, busy. Also remember they did not come up with the most egregious rules - such as blood or shunning - So they probably feel as if they’re personally not responsible for watchtower’s worst excesses.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I don't recall reading threads about the GB shouting behind closed doors. Can someone provide links, I tried searching and couldn't find the threads.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I am sure that all - if not many of them know its all a scam. And for sure, they would have differing views and beleifs. But thay cant rebel and quit since they very well know they cant survive if they are out.

Or atleast they know they wont get the respect, Luxury and Rock star fame if they quit.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Of course some have "different" beliefs or they would never have "New Light", however they are forced to "discover" New Light only when the "Old Light" is proven to be so incorrect, ie, 1914 generation will not die. Well guess what? They are ALL dead. It didn't take rocket science to discern that. The JW GB was FORCED to come up with some New Light Bullshit to explain away the error of the Old 1914 doctrine.

Further, you know there are "different" beliefs because when 1 or 2 GB members die, that is when the New Light hits the scene. The dead member was a hold out from them reaching their 2/3 majority in voting in New Light doctrines.

It seem clear that they are running the JW religion on a reactionary game plan. There are NO prophecies or doctrinal changes that are truly "prophesy". It's all "after-the-fact" reactionary changes that are, at best, "temporary fixes".

Yet, most of the JoHo's just smile and nod their head with that "deer in the headlight" look when there is such New Light. The Borganization is SOO wonderful!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There's probably a variance between them all about how much the set doctrines are bullshit , just like many of the JWS out there.

For example people like Lett probably think there's very little where people like Morris or Splane probably there is a more.

Of course this is internally kept to themselves, all are nevertheless willing to support everything to the fullest as means to keep the framework of the organization in tact..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Do you think any of the GB have different beliefs?

Probably. I guess they won't fess up to me.

One thing they all have in common is that they love, protect and enable paedophiles. Not one of those self proclaimed gods has stood up against it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit