Headline: "Islamic Invasion: Europe now scrambles for guns." How true is this?

by cappytan 155 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    bohm: It is true correlation does not imply causation but it's usually indicative of it.

Correlation allows someone to examine all things that could create that correlation.

For example, in the above analysis of the rape statistics in Sweden, many factors could contribute to the increase in rape statistics.

1. Sweden reports rape data and other countries don't

2. Sweden has broadened the definition of what constitues rape

3. Sweden police have improved their policing methods which accounts in an increase in reporting

• Simon
    Simon
    The point I am making is that there is a direct correlation to the rampant increases in crime, rapes and anti-Semitism across Europe and immigration from third world nations

There is also direct correlation between global warming and the loss of Pirates. It doesn't mean we need more pirates to save us ...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikaandersen/2012/03/23/true-fact-the-lack-of-pirates-is-causing-global-warming/

You are not proving something although I do not doubt you believe that you are. What you are doing is seeking stats that solely support your xenophobic bias. And stats on Wikipedia? Anyone can edit those.

And we are not saying "throw the doors open, let anyone in !" either - there is a middle ground where reason and a humanitarian response can live.

If someone is preaching Sharia law or any of their crap then sure, drop them off (literally) as part of the next bombing run. But the vast majority are not doing that. It is no different than the idiotic notion that all Latino immigrants in the US are rapists and murderers - they are not, they tend to be more law abiding as a group than many other existing ones.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

tragical:

"Want to know how similar Islam is to western secularism? Saudi Grand Mufti Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah has issued a new fatwa saying men in Saudi Arabia "can eat their wives if they are suffering severe hunger." This is the country that now leads the Human Right Board of the United Nations. No, you can't make that shit up."

Any cleric can issue a fatwa and it doesn't mean that the majority of Muslims will take heed. As for Saudi Arabia being a cesspool of religious tyranny it should be noted that it has the highest percentage of Salafi (Wahhabists) amongst Muslim nations. Those are the most fanatic of the bunch and ISIS is its grandchild. It is from Saudi Arabia that the 9/11 terrorists were recruited from.

One thing that irritates me about those who condemn Islam (which I do too) is the blindness this nation has to Fundamentalist Christians who want Old Testament law enacted in the US. There are hundreds of thousands of Theonomists (Reconstructionists) who want all of the Old Testament civil law to be the law of the land and there are tens of millions of Christian Nationalists who want some of those laws enacted. They are embedded in the Republican party structure.

These "Christians" want to declare their religion the law of the land; want to execute or imprison gays; want to impose their curriculum upon school children so that they can raise an entire generation of fundamentalist clones.

America has its Christian Taliban yet no one is paying attention to it.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Well I hope you are referring to someone else because I back up everything with verifiable facts.

No, I'm referring directly to you, hence my quoting you and looking up and quoting your source. You used a source to "prove" that Sweden is experience an outbreak of rape due to immigrants. Your source directly contradicted your point. You're using sources without reading or understanding them.

The point I am making is that there is a direct correlation to the rampant increases in crime, rapes and anti-Semitism across Europe and immigration from third world nations.

Well, your sources don't support that, unfortunately, so you aren't so much "making a point" as "saying things".

I read that whole wikiarticle and found that everything after the verified rape stats was conjecture, obviously written by apologists for rapists. Nice people, I'm sure. No seriously, I find it absolutely repulsive that you are trying to discredit rape statistics. Disgusting. You'd make a great lawyer for a child rapist and sleep soundly at night.

So, you actually read your own source and, now that you realize it contradicts you, it's crap and you resort to insulting? That's some real fine detective work there, Lou.

In reality, the people that made the report cautioned that there are several problems with the numbers. That's a fact. Acting like a two year old when you find out only makes YOU look childish instead of an adult capable of dealing with reality.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    It is true correlation does not imply causation but it's usually indicative of it. One could for instance compare Sweeden with Norway (roughly similar but with far less immigrants) and that might allow stronger conclusions to be drawn.

Well, in this case, there are so many reasons that the numbers are off (as per the people that collected the numbers), that any comparison would be meaningless.

Also this...

• bohm
    bohm
    Well, in this case, there are so many reasons that the numbers are off (as per the people that collected the numbers), that any comparison would be meaningless.

well Viviane, you ought to contact the Sweedish government with this insight and tell them they are collecting numbers which are useless for any comparison. It would save those poor sweedes and awful lot of tax kronar!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Re. Sweden (and elsewhere in Europe), it's not just about statistics, it's also about avoiding a potential clash of cultures by asserting the dominance of Swedish culture.

Are Muslim immigrants well integrated into Swedish culture? They're ok with LBGT Swedes kissing in public? With people drinking alcohol?

Is there any precedent of a non-Muslim country successfully integrating Muslim immigrants into its cultural fabric?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, you ought to contact the Sweedish government with this insight and tell them they are collecting numbers which are useless for any comparison. It would save those poor sweedes and awful lot of tax kronar!

Sweden part of the EU. An agency of the EU conducted these studies. They are the ones that collected the numbers and the people I quoted saying to be wary. I bet they know that, unless they collect data, they can't figure out where the holes in the data are, figure out how to get better data and figure out how to make it useful.

Of course, had you bothered to read the links instead of flail about trying to have a "gotcha" moment with me, you would see they already do know all that and you might have learned something. Alas, not to be yet again. Hope for the future, though!

• Mephis
    Mephis

How the hell are Muslims going to force entire communities into sharia law in Bolton?!! What nonsense. Really. Please. Stop.

If you want a genuine concern, then it's the radicalisation of silly teenagers and how society in general, and Muslims themselves, address that. That's a real concern. Not Bolton suddenly falling under sharia law. Another would be how some interpretations of Islam don't mesh well with accepted standards and norms for Western society. But, my word, some tosh on this thread. About as coherent and logical as some of the muppets who do the English Defence League stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZCaWH96xw

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Viviane

I appreciate you thorough research and reporting on this site, I wish I had the time to do that but I do not. I enjoy reading your comments and how you point out the inaccuracies in what others report, keep it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit