Headline: "Islamic Invasion: Europe now scrambles for guns." How true is this?

by cappytan 155 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

The OP is if a certain article is also the experience by local XJWs, that europeans are gathering guns or want to at least. I actually live in one of the affected countries and I can say with 100% certainty I have not heard anyone IRL or on a website in my language talk about getting guns because of the refugees (or as the article prefers: "refugees". One wonders what would qualify a person as an actual refugee asides white skin); the idea sounds silly and absurd and play no part in the current public discourse (which *is* critical regarding what we are going to do about all those people).

Turning to the current narrative on the more right-leaning segments of the internet I think people need to consider that there *are* racists and these racists *will*, damn the facts, portray refugees as terrorists, as an islamic invasion, etc. etc. This spreading of fear and uncertainty is right out of the brownshirt playbook and will be spread regardless the facts. For this reason I would encourage anyone to carefully document the supposed facts about the refugee crisis by actual numbers which can be independently verified, for instance it has become part of the official narrative in some segments of the internet it is nearly all men who are fleeing which just does not stack up with reality:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/stretching-facts-on-syrian-refugees/

"UNHCR’s data show that 50.5 percent of refugees are women. Females age 18 to 59 make up 23.9 percent of the refugees, while males in that age group make up 21.8 percent."

• Simon
    Simon
    I personally think a Tyrant is better at controlling the Sunni and Shia unrest in their own country than a democratic government put there by USA, we can clearly see the failed USA implemented results

I agree - I think Saddam and his ilk are a product of the region more than the region was a product of Saddam. Iran as it is today is a product of US meddling and trying to impose a ruler the people didn't want.

As for the horrendous acts committed by terrorists - that is a different issue. I don't know why we're simply trying to keep tabs on people. If they have known links to terrorist groups and are preaching death and violence then shoot them in the head and be done with it.

Being kind and compassionate to those who need a home doesn't mean we need to tolerate those who would do evil.

And yes, normal refugee rules are for people to stop in the first country but that simply doesn't work when you are talking about the number of people involved. People need to be spread to different countries and all need to help. Just because some don't help doesn't mean no one has to.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Being kind and compassionate to those who need a home doesn't mean we need to tolerate those who would do evil - that's it, in a nutshell.

People need to be spread to different countries and all need to help - indeed. All countries need to help, not just Western Europe but also the Gulf States & KSA, Russia (especially now Vlad is bombing the crap out of Syrians), the central Asian republics (Kazakhstan, etc), Canada, Greenland (lots of space there. Before anyone complains, beggars can't be choosers), Australia, Brazil, Argentina, New Zealand, Mongolia, Namibia ...

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Being kind and compassionate to those who need a home doesn't mean we need to tolerate those who would do evil.

Agreed .. but how on earth does one tell the difference.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Thanks disposable hero of hypocracy, I thought everyone on this forum had gone nuts 👍
  • tragical
    tragical

I just want to add a little bit of balance here. I submit that it seems too many people are taking sides based on their political ideologies and not using their brains. The political right seems to be pointing out the dangers of uncontrolled mass immigration and the political left is downplaying the dangers. Both sides tend to be extreme in their rebuttals. The right says that Islam is planning on taking over Europe. The left says Islam poses no danger. Both are wrong.

For one thing, there is no way that Islam could take over Europe even with their tremendous population growth. They don't have the capacity to run things. I won't get into the reasons why but know that all of the wealthy Arab nations are only wealthy because of oil and nothing else.

But now there is no way that ISIS is not using this unique opportunity to sneak their operatives into Europe. They even admitted as much themselves. The question will be if the European intelligence forces are going to act fast enough to catch them before they carry out some evil deed.

The political right might be sensationalizing some aspects of this to make a point but I believe in putting the security of the citizens FIRST before the refugees. If one European dies or is raped at the hands of an immigrant, who is guilty? Well who opened the doors?

Next I believe that this situation is spiraling out of control for several reasons. For one thing, the European media are not allowed to report the crimes of the refugees. The reason is obvious. They don't want to give any fuel to the political right's power as the right claims these immigrants will bring crime and problems to peaceful Europe. But even now that has leaked into the news and now they are reporting that they were told not to report it.

Others refuse to take action for fear of being labeled a racist. This is making things worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11059643/Denis-MacShane-I-was-too-much-of-a-liberal-leftie-and-should-have-done-more-to-investigate-child-abuse.html

This guy should be put in jail. Forever.

I was just reading that in Germany there are now over 700 refugees that have vanished without a trace. Where did they go? A colleague of mine said that rumors are spreading inside the camps that Germany is going to start deporting all refugees not from Syria and not vetted so they are leaving for the UK and Sweden where they take just about anybody who can get there.

http://www.thelocal.de/20151026/hundreds-of-refugees-disappearing-from-centres

Next I want to debunk the myth that the UN is saying 50% of the refugees are women. That is a lie. They are trying to hide the real facts reported by the country's immigration camp registers, since once again that is giving credit to the political right. In total, 75 percent of the refugees are reported to be men, 12 percent women and 13 percent children. The website Factcheck is nothing but a political tool for disinformation. There are no facts there.

http://www.ibtimes.com/european-refugee-crisis-2015-50-asylum-seekers-landing-europe-are-syrian-un-report-2084862

Only 50% of the refugees are Syrian. The rest are from all over Africa and the Middle East.

Need to see with your own eyes? Drone footage of refugees pouring into Slovenia. How many women and children do you see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBa7pJo-yPg

But here is the real clincher. In the UN's biased fluff piece they published to discredit the political right by saying that 50% are women, they forgot that their own statistics show that just "34% are women and children." So if you say that there are half as many women as children, that means only 17% are women. And this is exactly what I have been seeing with my own eyes in unedited news footage.

http://www.unhcr.org/562a3bb16.html

Read it with your own eyes. From the UN;s own site. You would think that they would change their stats to cover up their lies.

To me, it seems like the UN is playing the same game the WTBS plays when it comes to evidence they don't like or forgot they published. Subterfuge, denial, lying.

All I know is that this is a crisis and misleading the citizens of Europe is not going to help. We need the truth people. We out of all people should be seeking the truth no matter how distasteful it might be to our own bias.

Let's stop playing political sides here and admit the truth. I'm really sick and tired of the lies.

• kaik
    kaik

...than a democratic government put there by USA,..

With exception of postwar West Germany, all forced democracies collapsed or did not materialized. Democratic system is internal mechanism and cannot be implemented from abroad. Successful democracies after 1975 only got established after its own citizens went to path to democracy like Spain, entire Central-East Europe. Other attempts are just failure (Iraq, Libya, Serbia) in past 25 years. After 25-70 years of democratic experiment in Europe, the democracy and freedom is receding. Ultra liberal multi-culti are scared of elections, and they are not even hiding to cancel election process to be routed out at the poll. What happened in Poland couple days ago is far reaching political shift in European union than economic collapse of Greece. These articles from Marketwatch summarized nicely

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-the-eurozone-losing-poland-is-a-bigger-deal-than-losing-greece-2015-10-21

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/conservative-victory-in-poland-redraws-the-map-of-europe-2015-10-26

• tragical
    tragical

So I wanted to get down to the nitty gritty of this thread and see if the original article was being sensational or telling the truth.

So, direct from Sweden. "Big Rush to Arm European Citizens" and "Long gun sales sold out"

http://avpixlat.info/2015/10/28/stor-rusning-efter-skjutvapen-hos-europas-civilbefolkning/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3291978/Shotguns-virtually-sold-Austria-citizens-rush-buy-arms-amid-fears-massive-influx-migrants-dealers-claim.html

My commentary: This is one of many newspapers reporting record sales of guns all over Europe stating many are getting hunting licenses or joining the special police so they can carry guns.

Now from Slovenia: "80% of young migrant males claim to be born on Jan 1st, 1995."

http://www.24ur.com/novice/slovenija/sistem-registracije-beguncev-ni-ucinkovit-80-odstotkov-je-rojenih-1-januarja-1995.html

My commentary: I have heard this before from a colleague in Germany that these refugees claim to be only 17 years of age so they can claim to be "unattended minor" which grants them automatic status and access to money. Fake documents can be bought for 700 euros. But the government is catching on.Too little too late.

So again, are we ignoring the elephant in the room while quibbling over the fly?

We should, we must help legitimate, real refugees but unfortunately, the system designed to help them has too many loopholes that the fake refugees are taking advantage of. This not only will cause the system to break but impedes the process of helping REAL refugees that need help.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Yup. Just noticed this headline on "Russia Today" (RT):

"Austrians snapping up shotguns as thousands of Mideast refugees enter country"
    Published time: 29 Oct, 2015 08:33

Hand guns and rifle sales are spiking in Austria, with some shops reporting they are running out of stocks of shotguns, since no license is needed to buy them.

“Yes, I can confirm, the demand in Austria for weapons is growing. My revenue doubled in September. And in October it has doubled again, and we are still in October,” a gun shop owner told RT.

https://www.rt.com/news/320026-austria-gun-sales-spike/

• Simon
    Simon

FYI: The Daily Mail is the xenophobic Fox news of the UK, full of people who get outraged about anything and everything but especially immigration and johnny foreigners daring to come closer to the UK. "A Daily Mail Reader" is a euphemism for someone overly conservative / right wing. They specialize in sensationalist headlines.

In it's early history it supported Hitler and Mussolini and the UK Fascist party. Those are it's roots.

It doesn't mean everything it reports is automatically wrong ... but you need to be aware of their bias and agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit