No Reason For JWs To Go To The MIdweek Meeting (CLAM)

by JW_Rogue 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Taste and see that Jehovah is a website.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Very soon now, they will probably be handing out scripts and acting out demonstrations of how to converse with fellow cultists after the midweek meeting". - Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Perhaps a new script on how to put into practice Matthew 18:15-17?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are there no comments and answering up any more?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Pretty soon you will be able to have all your indoctrination needs met in the comforts of your own home via the tv screen. Who'd have thunk it.

Remember folks just don't forget to keep hitting that donate button websites don't run themselves.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"No Reason For JWs To Go To Midweek Meeting (CLAM)"

Soo true! In fact, currently there are more and more skipping out of meetings than ever before. I think this new CLAM format has something to do with lower meeting attendance and it's backfiring on the GB...Yay!

• hoser
    hoser

I rarely go to the mid week meeting anymore. The new format is boring as hell and I work a lot of overtime

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I envisage that eventually they will adopt the tried and tested system of mainstream Churches. Hold the main sermon on Sunday for everyone to come and socialize, and drop midweek meetings. Keep the hall open throughout the week, manned by retirees, looping videos, so the lonely and religious zealots have somewhere to go and meet or meditate.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I just realized how closely the lyrics of this song represent my current feeling about the meetings. I never would have thought when I was young and first listened to this song how much it would apply to me now especially when attending the meetings

Comfortably Numb Pink Floyd

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me

Is there anyone at home?

Come on now

I hear you're feeling down

Well I can ease your pain

Get you on your feet again

Relax

I'll need some information first

Just the basic facts

Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding

A distant ship smoke on the horizon

You are only coming through in waves

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child I had a fever

My hands felt just like two balloons

Now I've got that feeling once again

I can't explain you would not understand

This is not how I am

I have become comfortably numb

Okay

Just a little pinprick

There'll be no more, ah

But you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up?

I do believe it's working, good

That'll keep you going through the show

Come on it's time to go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cPxKq-gMDo

After finding out the TTaTT I went through the feelings that most on this forum can sympathise with but finally coming to terms with it in my own way to some degree.

It seems there is no way out for me after being a witness for more than 50 years. It's not possible right now for me to leave physically even though I want to. But I have left mentally and now just resigned to being comfortably numb at the meetings

Or maybe that should read uncomfortably numb.

(Maybe this could be the missing new song 151)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In another 80 years time the organisation will be no more than an Internet web site, with a few assembly halls scattered through out the world that a million or 2 members visit when they can can. Other than that it will be all on line.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Moly, I like that song analogy. I do hope it gets better for you and you find a way out. The WTBTS is, after all, a bit like Donald Trump, self destructing by its own behavior and attitudes...so there's hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit