No Reason For JWs To Go To The MIdweek Meeting (CLAM)

by JW_Rogue 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Everything that is done at the midweek meeting can now be done at home. The videos are online, the first talk is scripted, the bible highlights are scripted. You could get the same experience by just reading and watching the material from your tablet. There is absolutely nothing to miss by not going to the midweek meeting.

• 2badsosad
    2badsosad

Don't forget all that wonderful 'encouragement' and 'upbuilding'..

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Don't forget all that wonderful 'encouragement' and 'upbuilding'..

Honestly, it's very awkward making conversation with people you've known for years but don't really care about that much. I'm sure some feel the same way about me. LOL

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If it were really about teaching/learning about Jehovah you'd be absolutely right. It's a social club in which everyone submits to a few hours of uncomfortable and boring lecturing in order to have common ground.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Honestly, it's very awkward making conversation with people you've known for years but don't really care about that much.

Very soon now, they will probably be handing out scripts and acting out demonstrations of how to converse with fellow cultists after the midweek meeting.

Sister A: "Wasn't that the best, most encouragingist CLAM ever?"

Sister B: "Indeed! It was the CLAMiest CLAM that ever CLAMmed!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No Reason For JWs To Go To The MIdweek Meeting (CLAM)

It`s all Repetitive WBT$/JW BullShit..

Special Meeting...Special Talk..

Special Assembly...New Information..

Image result for heard it all before

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

LOL Billy, I think I remember they did a assembly demo one time where brothers were talking about sports, jobs etc and they are encouraged by another brother to talk about "spiritual things"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

really do see this pointless waste of time as the "midweek" meeting being disposed of, " the wonderful upbuilding association and warmth of the brothers and friends in the congregation etc etc" well we all know this is a myth! even the loons that are meant to be the "leaders" must be struggling to pad out these meetings with anything worth while these days.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They have to keep people on the endless meetings/service/study treadmill, otherwise they might have time to actually think, and they can't have that happening.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

LR, the most brain dead numbskulls are now thinking how much of a waste of time the whole thing is, look at the apathy, the growth rates, a worldwide growth rate of 1.5% last year! who'd have ever predicted that 20/30 years ago? they are slowly dying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit