Those Who Can't get the OXYGEN Episodes

by Newly Enlightened 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• under the radar
    under the radar

Jehalapeno: You seem to be more concerned about a major corporation's copyrights than the good the widespread distribution of these documentaries will do. Why is that? If the unauthorized downloads offend you, don't download them. Simple. You can then watch them however and whenever you can, if you choose to do so.

The way I see it, Oxygen broadcasted the shows to as wide an audience as possible. Shouldn't be a problem if people want to help them further distribute them, especially if they still include the commercials that financed them to start with. No difference between that and recording it for later viewing on your own DVR and inviting a friend over to watch it with you. Not everybody has a DVR. That said, I do agree it would be wrong to charge anyone to download or view an unauthorized copy. That would be selling a product you do not own or have any right to sell.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

This forum was a huge help to me in leaving the organization.

My concern is with the legal liability that posting these links can pose to this forum. I'd hate for it to go away. It's a great resource and historical archive of the exjw movement of the turn of the century.

I suggest, if you want to share copyrighted productions like this, just ask people to send you a private message. Far less legal exposure to the forum that way.

I'm sure Mike and Kim didn't upload these videos to their YouTube channel for the same reason: risk of copyright strikes and loss of their channel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit