where have the demons gone?

by aboveusonlysky 54 Replies latest jw friends

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

Does anybody remember some of the sensational demon stories JW's would tell back in the day?

I was a kid in the early 80's and I remember a few times hearing of people having real life encounters with demons. For example, one sister claimed that before she became a Jdub she would regularly talk to demons and they would even fix stuff like her washing machine!

One of our elders was really against pink Floyd because he said he knew someone who would receive a phone call from a friendly demon every time he played a certain song of theirs. Also I heard many stories about JW's having supernatural trouble because they had brought some 2nd hand demon infested item into their home, at the time it made no sense to me why witnesses loved charity shops so much!

Does anyone else remember such stories? The demons seem to have gone, maybe they got tired of having to fix broken washing machines.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"Where have all the demons gone..."

You could almost write a song with that line

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

one sister claimed that before she became a Jdub she would regularly talk to demons and they would even fix stuff like her washing machine!

Gee if had known that I wouldn't have to spend so much on repairs around the house.

Now that I'm an atheist, I never come across any spirits or strange unknown happenings, dam that rational analytical thinking

• A Ha
    A Ha

Yes, we were warned all the time against getting things at garage sales and thrift shops. I was told of someone who bought a piece of furniture at a garage sale which was home to some demons.* There were increasing supernatural events culminating in the dresser being in the basement raising a huge ruckus, going full Jumanji, when the faithful witness had the brilliant idea of writing "Jehovah" on paper plates and sailing them down the steps. That quieted those demons.

* Man, that would suck being a spirit creature; you're not tethered to a physical body, you should be able to go anywhere you want... down to the earth's core for a quick tan, soaring through the skies, zipping over to watch a star go supernova, then watch other stars being born.. but instead you're limited to living in a dresser.

• hyperpen
    hyperpen

I remember a story about demons on the ceiling while a couple lay frozen in their beds unable to move due to the demons power. I still think about it when I can't sleep and find myself staring at the ceiling.

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky
    "Now that I'm an atheist, I never come across any spirits or strange unknown happenings, dam that rational analytical thinking "

Great point, I remember watching the omen when I was a teenager, I knew it was about the antichrist and was scared as hell that something bad would happen in our house, but my curiosity overpowered the fear (same as reading anti JW stuff now I think about it).

Surely willingly watching a film like that would be far more likely to attract one of beelzebubs minions than buying a rug from a car boot sale!

Demons limited to living in dressers....lol!....naughty demon, threw away immortality to play hide and seek...demons Inc.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Do you think demons are governed in ways similar to the Society?

Like if they do something wrong they get counseled by elder spirits, and if they don't tow the line they perhaps get shunned. Our if they don't teach false doctrine they can get called up on charges and DF'ed? And do they keep stats on the hours they mislead? Perhaps they have conventions where they put on skits with ridiculous names. Or sing hymns:

The best things in life are free,

But you can give them to the birds and bees,

I want MONEY! (It's what I want.)

I want MONEY!

What if they're just as miserable as...well...you were?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

where have the demons gone?

They are "ALL" Trapped in a Toilet Bowl,at WatchTower Headquarters..

RELEASE THE DEMONS!!..

Image result for Watchtower Stephen Lett......Image result for toilet bowl

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

are the DEMONZ suffering from apathy at last?, not much call for possession,hauntings etc these days, too much electronic gadgetry, the poor mites must really be suffering, maybe they are waiting for the return of the Antichrist?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Once I discovered the complete sham this religion is, my nightmares and the demons all disappeared.

This stuff is all a figment of the human imagination. Stop believing, thinking, and dwelling on them and ... Poof!... they disappear.

Our knowledge has far surpassed the need for Bronze and Iron Age Middle Eastern desert dwellers' mythology and superstitions to explain our world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit