Don't know if I'm hearing things.

by Bigdummy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Perhaps that speaker has awoken to TTATT and intends to help as many as he can to leave, while he is still considered a good JW and remains above suspicion.

That was my first thought. He is busy planting seeds among the R&F.

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    He said " I guarantee this is the truth but don't take my word for it. I want you to research the Jehovah's Witnesses for yourself.

Obviously an uninformed idiot, who has never researched the WTS on his own himself.

If he would see that the WTS has always been a commercialized false prophet, self proclaiming they were the chosen organization for its own self serving empowerment and public support.

One sure fire way to get people to open their eyes about the falsity of the WTS is research its history.

Lets see one can gain true spirituality through commercialized lying and corrupt false prophets ?????

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    He said " I guarantee this is the truth but don't take my word for it. I want you to research the Jehovah's Witnesses for yourself.

Obviously an uninformed idiot, who has never researched the WTS on his own himself.

If he would he would see that the WTS has always been a commercialized false prophet, self proclaiming they were the chosen organization for its own self serving empowerment and public support.

One sure fire way to get people to open their eyes about the falsity of the WTS is research its history.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The request to those listening to "research the Jehovah's Witnesses for yourself" is just a mantra called out for the benefit of those already indoctrinated. It will cause them to believe that any such research would only lead back to belief in the doctrines. If anyone starts serious research, they will be told that outside sources are lies and Satanic manipulations and to only trust the internal writings of Watchtower.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not have doctrines, we have the truth.

Just another mantra- really just psycho-babble. This one is designed to make one think that "churches" have beliefs based on what men have said and Jehovah's Witnesses have teachings based on truth. As long as you hear "the truth" in the statement, it has some effect.

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

This was one of our local elders who has been around here at least 30 years. He

has stated some off the wall things in the past and even ticked his brother-in-

law elder off one time for something he said from the platform. The argument

between them is not here say, I witnessed the confrontation in person and tried

to help rectify the situation. The speaker was once our presiding overseer and it

always seems we get he A type personality in that position. They all seem to think

that this is THEIR congregation. I notice that it's the same 25% in the congregation

that provide all the answers to questions from the podium. I wonder if there are

not more like me at the hall, who used to answer maybe once per meeting, who

no longer care to participate because it's so drone like anymore. I wouldn't answer

questions directly from the publications but tried to put some meaning into what

I was saying. I see long timers who almost read the answer directly from the

watchtower word for word. Sad. No warmth. No life. I don't discuss any of my

feelings about the wtbts with any jw's. Only my wife. I haven't commented or

turned in any fs report in many months so I know I'm probably on the radar. Funny

thing though the circuit servant was just here a few weeks ago and I was expecting

a visit or something to see what was going on. Dead silence. They probably had

others that needed encouraging. I really do feel for others that can't see . I can't

blame them because my wife is one of them. I'm definitely not an intellectual or a

Bible scholar but come on. This whole organization is nothing like the 50s or 60s

when I grew up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit