Don't Want To Be At The RC This Year...

by JW_Rogue 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    The whole time I'll just be thinking about what effect all those crazy loyalty videos will have on my family. I can venture to guess that they'll be wound up and determined to "stay loyal" because this "is the truth" and "this system can't last much longer". I have to go because not doing so would raise too much suspicion but I'm really dreading it. And they want us to invite outside people to this thing? Any outsider who comes will be running for the hills convinced that JWs really are a cult.
  • Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    I used to feel so conflicted, having to invite people to something I had no interest in myself. The dread was real.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Arrive late. Leave early.

We just pop in for intermission to make an appearance and visit with old friends.

Doc

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    DOC - Sounds great but the wifey wouldn't go for that I don't think. I'll have to find some reason to be out of my seat but I know the effect will be there.
  • millie210
    millie210

Can you volunteer in parking?

A chance to get out of the building some of the time?

Here, they give the brothers headsets so they wont "miss" out. Of course, what you happen to listen to on your headset would be up to you......

• Lieu
    Lieu

Let's see:

1. Insist you have a taste for chilli the day before or drink lots of water. This facilitates bathroom runs.

2. Your legs keep going to sleep or the seat is making your back hurt. This is actually normal.

3. Someones perfume is too strong. You need fresh air to stay alert.

Etc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just go...and "Listen, Obey and be Stressed"...

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Can you volunteer in parking?

I already have an assignment that should keep me away for awhile although I'll still be able to hear the program and see the videos. I'm an attendant, so next you're at a convention remember that the attendants could very well be awake. As somebody (not a JW) told me last year at least as attendant you get a "nice view".

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    I'm hard of hearing. I brought a little Kaito Radio that does AM/FM/SW etc. Well I can tune to the hard of hearing frequency.... BUT.... often I find a nice FM radio station to listen to and even my wife doesn't know lol
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    On a few occasions, our convention venue was at the same place as where we stayed. Hotel upstairs, hall downstairs. Guess who often snuck upstairs to sleep & chill? =)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit