Jah Jireh Care Homes

by pale.emperor 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

tijkmo: surely he can't still be alive

Bill Bull an ex DO was a trustee in UK last time I checked

He died on Wednesday 5 August 2015

i met Bill Bull back in the late 60's--Birmingham area.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This is the most recent report which superceeds the unsatisfactory one...

http://www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/new_reports/AAAE2605.pdf

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

When "Care Home" concept took off every Doctor seemed to open one , as did a lot of Nurses, first Jah Jirah home was such a money dream venture. Cheap unskilled labour on tap, virtually regulation free at first. They fleeced their staff and residents alike as money not care, the motive. Not fair to name individuals but zeal for money making concept gripped a certain sister I knew. Cheap old buildings, 2 or 3 to a bedroom at first, until years later some standards imposed by regulator. Pioneers told they could be paid for being present all night but with no work to do, so able to pioneering day. However, laundry, cleaning, resident assistance made such exhausting work. See Mr Example Family man, Ray Pople a trustee asis Anthony Kendall ex co. Sums them up perfectly, light, action, spotlight please.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Is that Ray Pople from Kent or another guy?

• zeb
    zeb

"and there a lot of misfits working " I too have worked in aged -care and this applies here as well.

People who have for years never done any in-service courses or external either. "Cant afford that" but at the next morning tea they are on about their next trip to Bali.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Anthony Kendall.....There's a name from the past! .... A very distinguished well spoken man and a cut above the born-ins they have today..

Anyway, Jah Jirrah, I have known a couple who went to work at one, they had no qualifications that I Kew of. I also know one or two who have been in there for care . I have heard no complaints, but then again, you wouldn't,would you ?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isnt this discriminatory ? only having JW`s and no other faiths ?that other faiths

are exluded ? is that legal ?

And dont they state that those who are accepted have to be JW`s in good standing in their respective congregations ? and if not they would be excluded ? Discrimination against their own believers ? Who decides ? and on what grounds ?

{ It wouldnt have to do with how much money they had to pay for the privelidge would it ?}

Is that also legal ?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's not illegal to provide a charitable service to a specific group of people.

What is questionable is the question on the employment application form about being a JW. It's illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion and strictly speaking, it's not even permissible to ask someone about their religion in an interview.

I don't know if there is some loophole or dispensation that they have found in the employment laws but AFAIK they aren't allowed to do what they are doing.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    smiddy: Isnt this discriminatory? only having JW`s and no other faiths? that other faiths are exluded? is that legal?
    Citizens Advice: Religious organisations and charities - when discrimination is allowed in the provision of goods or services
    The law which says you mustn't be discriminated against is called the Equality Act 2010. Discrimination which is against the Act is unlawful. But there are some situations where discrimination is allowed. Sometimes religious organisations and charities are allowed to discriminate against you when they provide services.

READ MORE: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumerreligious-organisations-and-charities-when-discrimination-is-allowed-in-the-provision-of-goods-or-services/

konceptual99: What is questionable is the question on the employment application form about being a JW. It's illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion and strictly speaking, it's not even permissible to ask someone about their religion in an interview.

I think that would be the issue - but interestingly what about actually advertising job vacancies? - you could almost 'pre-select' people by the newspaper/outlet you decided to advertise in? An advert in a Catholic newspaper or a gay magazine is going to generally attract a certain applicant in the first place...

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

konceptualis99. This Ray Pople was originally from the North West decades ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit