Do you ever get them at the door?

by MrsQ 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yes, I get them at the door. I take their literature and talk with them ... but I don't reveal my background ... I instead deal with issues and hope that maybe something will stick with them.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

No one here since, probably 1993 or 4. There used to be a hall two blocks from here, but they sold that a long time ago.

• simplesally
    simplesally

In my old house it was a gated community, so they never got in. I did get a tract and unsigned letter in the mail, with the return address at the Kingdom Hall. Now, here about 6 months, no visit. Amazing's approach sounds good!

• Austrian
    Austrian

I live in a gated community and it is wonderful. Plus my phone # is not listed so there is no possibility of Tele witnessing. I used to see them around the metrorail stations and I guess they have been kicked out.

One time before I moved into the gated community they were in my neighborhood and they skipped my house. Why I don't know but they did. I think they were the spanish dubs and my house was listed under english.

• George W Bush
    George W Bush

Yes they've knocked on the doors of the White House but a quick strip search including full body cavity inspection seems to scare the spirit away.

• aojumper
    aojumper

I get them.

Quite regularly in fact.

I have one that now has me as an RV. She is really nice, and a very thinking person. I feel personally, that since I have gotten out and have the gift of freedom that I should at least try to help them find theirs. you know. But no love lost if they don't, I also find it very reassuring to my self esteem. I read the WT and awake that she brings me, actually just scan it over, and realize what crappy, drivel it is. no one but a dyed-in-the-wool JW could read them and find them even slightly compelling.

K

• breal
    breal

Nope. Not once. Thankfully for me. However I now work with two JW's.

I lived in one place for almost 7 years and never once was called on. Prior to that moved around a lot so I could see how I may have missed the rounds.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Never my ex-wife gave them my adress so that I can be put on the list of people not to visit, I guess that they are afraid that I will corrupt them.

Lapuce

• cat1759
    cat1759

Yes I just got a visit from two of the local elders. My they have grown old. Before that it had been a year when two tried to walk up my driveway and I yelled down, don't bother I am not interested.

Before that it had been since 1995. Some come on the road but unless and elder is with them they don't stop at my house.

Cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit