Do you ever get them at the door?

by MrsQ 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

Ok, I have been 'out' for about 9 years, now. In all that time I have lived in 4 different states. I have only had two visits from JW's during that time and both times they were from Spanish congregations...the first time because my boyfriend at the time was Mexican-American and someone told them we spoke Spanish...the second time because my next door neighbors spoke Spanish and they came to my place accidentally.

At any rate, both times as soon as they found out we spoke English, they scurried away and apologized for bothering us. (I think they left me an old Awake! just as a token placement).

9 years is a long time. This seems particularly ineffective, doesn't it?

I mean, think of all the people they haven't reached! I personally know many people who've never even MET a JW. They sure have a lot of work to do--and FAST--because according to my father, 'this old system isn't going to last much longer'.

Thoughts?

ADQ

• maxwell
    maxwell

When I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I believed that at least in the free countries the majority of people had experienced some contact with JW's and had had the chance to hear the not good news. I believed that there were a few countries we had not been into and that those were some of the unrighteous who would also get a russurection (sp?) so that they would have a chance. I don't remember where that scripture is. But over the past few years I'm inclined to think that maybe we had not covered this country as well as I had thought. I think about the rural territory that I grew up in and it was rare that we found someone home and there were a number of houses behind gates sitting far back from the road that we couldn't get to. When I left home I moved to an apartment building with 10 floors. I have heard that Witnesses in this area used to enter these buildings but now it's supposed to be covered by telephone witnessing. I lived in my first apartment building for 3 years and I never heard from them. Perhaps they did call with their number blocked and that was why I never heard from them. I don't answer blocked calls. I was in an apartment that would have been assigned to a different congregation so they wouldn't have known me. There are also gated communities out there where the phone is supposed to be used. I think they tried to cover phone territory once a year, but I doubt that they were successful. I have also heard of some congregations that work their territory weekly in some cities, but it appears that is not the case in most places. Well I'll just enjoy my peace.

• RR
    RR

I've lived in this home for some eight years, never had them visit me, although I've had Seventh-Day Adventist and Mormons visit.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Mrs Q !

Unfortunately, we are still 'blessed' with thriving Witness activity around our area.

We just don't bother opening the door any more ; I have had far too many arguements with people in my life to continue having fruitless biblical discussions with braindead Witnesses about worthless doctrine.

Sometimes I wake up feeling particually argumentative, and may open the door. Most times, I just turn that sound system up baby !!!!

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Oh no.... no..no...no... they don't come to my door.. ever.... lol

They're afraid they might catch satanitis here... hahahahahah

It's been 6 years and counting! Wahoo! I wish just once one of them would.. but... I think they know what they'd be in for if they ever did... lol

both barrels man! heheheheh... I honestly think that they know they can't refute my arguments... and I'm pretty good at putting them on the spot.. I was at the KH and I've had 6 years practice out of it... (I wish we had an emoticon that raises and lowers it's eyebrows... like groucho marx.... lol)

Toodles for now...

Inq

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I've lived here over a year, but have never seen any JW face to face. But they must have come around once, because I found a tract left in the door. Before coming here, I lived at another place for 2 years and no sign of them at all. The place before that I resided for 12 years and they came around 3 times. I actually had the opportunity to debate them once there, but no one made a back call, although they said they were going to bring someone more knowledgeable to answer my questions.

• shamus
    shamus

Oh yes, twice.

Once the guy just encouraged me to read my bible...

The second time an old bitty came to the door and was rude when I said no thanks.... she didn't say a word when I told her no thanks! Just turned around and left with me holding the door open.

That is it in the last 5 or so years....

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I mean, think of all the people they haven't reached! I personally know many people who've never even MET a JW. They sure have a lot of work to do--and FAST--because according to my father, 'this old system isn't going to last much longer'.

Oh, Jehovah has that all under control, didn't you know that? If you were too busy earning a living for your family to be home when the JWs called, or too damned inconsiderate to get out of bed at 9:00 in the morning on your only day off, or the congregation which "served" your "territory" was suffering a terrible loss of pioneers due to God's spirit being withdrawn because of "secret sinners" (most likely apostates) well,

Hasta la vista, baby!!!

• RR
    RR

The last Time I had Witnesses in my home, I mentioned some scenarios which they vehemently denied, stating that I was mistaken or that I must have been misinformed by opposers, so I took them to my library, which is wall to wall books, over 6,000 books. mostly Watchtower, Watchtower related, they almost fainted. Never saw them again! Hmmmm

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

In 6 years I have seen them only once in my road, at least I think it was them but I was driving out. They never followed up my house as a "not home". I know they only cover the territory in my area every 18 months or so. Plus the cul-de-sac I live in has only 9 houses and like the "trick or treaters" who don't bother with the slim pickings (we end up eating left-over Candy into the new year) maybe we get overlooked.

I have spoken to the J Dubbies at the airport a few times but I haven't seen a desk there since 9/11. I relieved a local laundramat of a few JW rags and I have had the SDAs deposit one of their mini-mags (cover had burning WT Towers on cover) in my mail box.

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit