Has anyone here joined a different church after ditching the JWs?

by NikL 25 Replies latest jw friends

• joker
    joker

Ten years ago my wife and I left the jw religion. She immediately jumped over to the Mormons and I attend various churches in the area. But one thing,,, those Mormons look at non believers like a lion looks at fresh meat. Always looking for some angle to get me to attend, and become a member. It's damn stressful, my wife is happy as a clam, and I'm looking around and stressed out every time some Mormon comes over .

• Emma
    Emma

Still Totally ADD, I am a UU, too. I still had two young children when I left j-dubs and was looking for a community. Nothing like walking off a cliff and leaving family and friends behind! My daughter's best friend's mom was the RE director at the local UU church and she described it and invited us to come. After a few weeks I went to the new-comer welcome and asked if it was christian based and if I had to believe any doctrine. The answer to both was NO. That was 18 years ago. I've been more or less active since then. I'm on the Social Justice Council; I love that we can really help others! I'm in Ann Arbor MI>

• smiddy
    smiddy

To me that would be like jumping from the fire into the frying pan . (think about it )

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I join the church I grew up in as a child because I had good memories, but I was a child. Not the same when you become a adult after reading the bible.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I have become an atheist.

• Mum
    Mum

When I married my second husband, we joined the Episcopal Church. He had graduated from an Episcopal college (Kenyon in Ohio) and came to have an appreciation for the liberal views of that church.

I also wanted my daughter to see that JW's didn't have an exclusive on Bible reading, morals and ethics. Neither of us attends church at this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit