Has anyone here joined a different church after ditching the JWs?

by NikL 25 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

I am just curious.

I have a cousin who is a Baptist and his church streams their Sunday services and I've been checking them out before I go to meeting with my JW wife.

I haven’t been to a church except for the occasional funeral and wedding and the only sermons I had heard were the tel-evangelist type.

Anyway, all the church bashing by JWs over the years made me unsure what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. They DO use the bible and they don't spend the whole time begging for money. I've learned quite a bit and really enjoyed the experience.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see myself joining another church even if there weren't the repercussions from the JWs but I am just curious if anyone else has.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I refuse to be plugged back into "the Matrix."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My journey in a nutshell:-

JW - Baptist - Anglican - Pentecostal - Rosicrucian - Atheist.

I discovered along the way that most mainstream religions are not as hateful and unloving as the JWs but their god is just as fictitious and contradictory. The Pentecostals were the bitter end, all that speaking in tongues nonsense and flailing about with the spirit. All pretentious fraud.

The Rosicrucians just wanted money to peddle so called secrets that were banal mumbo jumbo.

Atheism it is then. I tried to follow the evidence for god but there really isn't any.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Religion is a snare and a racket."

Probably the only profound and true statement ever to come out of JFR's mouth!

• stillin
    stillin

I think that somewhere there may be a church group of people that are trying to do right and live right without being over the top. Or without the "leaders" trying to explain invisible stuff as though they have special understanding.

I can understand being awed by the hugeness and mystery of the universe and wanting to feel more significant. Connecting with people and sharing thoughts without judgement. It's the "experts" that ruin it for the rest of the people.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I'm still a witness, I come from a Baptist church...fell into the witnesses...all religion is a business...some do more for people than others ...what I found out that most churches leave your salvation up to you...they don't monitor you like the witnesses do...basically you are on your own...if you are the outgoing type, you'll make some friends...and friends that won't rat you out...friends that will disagree with the pastor, and you can talk about it among yourselves with out any repercussions...it's called freedom of speech....but you can't go to the pastor and point out his error, but todays pastors are younger, so maybe you can...

Many witnesses think other churches talk about them but they don't....it's the other way around...most places of worship are about motivational speaking and bringing in the young..yeah, some of these mega churches go a little overboard but they are bringing in men(hard to bring men into church, they don't like listening to another man tell them what to do & men, you know I'm right, you don't listen, but that's how you are wired), women (always will bring them), children. They are preaching Love and of course...$$$$, but that's all places of worship...I don't think many leave JW's and go somewhere else...because in other churches, you don't get validated for just being able to read from a paragraph or a scripture...a pre-schooler can do that...today's churches you are a part of a band.....so no one is singled out...only if you join different activities of that church....witnesses can't go to other churches...because whatever they do for God, has to be counted and seen.

Tor

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I've had it with religion. I spent so long disproving every other one that now the one i genuinely thought was true has turned out to be false as well i have no desire to join another. In fact, even if there is a God and a one true church i want nothing to do with it. As that Auschwitz prisoner once carved into a wall:

"if god exists, he'll need to beg for my forgiveness"

• yoko N
    yoko N

Hi NikL
    I’m exJw in Japan.

you know what.

Japan’s circuit overseers are often tired of this loveless

rigid ,bigot org’s teaching and faded, turned to Christendom church for help.

A clergy revealed this,

In my personal opinion, I assume this is really happening in japan.

• jwabuse.com
    jwabuse.com

I will never join another religion. I do practice yoga 3 times a week and enjoy reading Buddhist writings, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go. The only part of the Bible I have any respect for anymore is what Jesus himself said, which is right in line with what Buddha taught, and in a nutshell it's: be a kind person. How the rest plays out, not a single person has the answer to and never has. I will continue to concentrate on trying to be a good neighbor and that will have to be good enough.

• blondie
    blondie

I examined a few, talked to some online and visited local churches and decided, no, no, no....just out of the pan into the fire.

On here I may explain what the WTS current and past teachings are but I am reporting not supporting.

I found there is just about any religious group that can suit your personal beliefs, if not you can start your own religious group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit