Next New Light??? Heaven's Doors Closed in 1935

by Elsewhere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

WOW!!!! ELSEWHERE IS A TRUE PROPHET!!!!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Its funny, just yesterday I was having a conversation with my Jw reletive. I asked her if women are good enough to rule in heaven as one of the annointed, why arent they good enough to be elders here on earth.........she said good question........but had no answer lol

• undercover
    undercover

Great find!

Does this mean that Elsewhere is actually the Faithful and Discreet Slave dispensing spiritual food at the appropriate time?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Does this mean that Elsewhere is actually the Faithful and Discreet Slave dispensing spiritual food at the appropriate time?

He wouldn't do any worse than the people who think they are dispensing it.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I think he's dispensing spiritual food BEFORE the proper time.

Sounds like a disfelowshipping offense to me.

• journey-on
    journey-on

w2005 07/15 p15

7. Has the number of anointed Christians been sealed? We know Jehovah has chosen 144,000 of his faithful servants to rule in heaven (Revelation 14:3) In the past some have speculated that this number was sealed in 1935. But would this be a reasonable conclusion? Well, would it be in accord with Jehovah's righteous principles to "cut off" the heavenly calling? Clearly, it would not. (Ezra 7:24) It seems likely then that this great gathering work will continue, not only for the great crowd who have the earthly hope, but also for their brothers and sisters with a heavenly calling. (Ephesians 2:4-6) Does it not make our hearts glad when we read of Jehovah's loving provisions in this time of the end?

7(a) What have some speculated in the past concerning the 144,000? (b) What seems likely with respect to the great gathering work? (c) How does it make our hearts feel when we read of Jehovah's loving provisions in this time of the end? I've noticed that it seems like the WT lays subtle groundwork a year or two before they issue the "New Light". Here is the groundwork.......look for the "new light" coming soon in more definitive statements. The majority of the r&f will simply quint at the brighter light and go on as usual.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    But would this be a reasonable conclusion? Well, would it be in accord with Jehovah's righteous principles to "cut off" the heavenly calling? Clearly, it would not. (Ezra 7:24) It seems likely then that this great gathering work will continue, not only for the great crowd who have the earthly hope, but also for their brothers and sisters with a heavenly calling.

"Cut off" ? They are the ones who said only 144,000. If you don't cut it off, will there be millions of the 144,000? That's
    the ones chosen before the great apostasy of the first century, a few dozen every year for 1900 years or so, and the couple
    hundred thousand who were chosen from among the International Bible Students and Jehovah's Witnesses.

How did I miss this crap? They set up the doctrine. They act as if we didn't understand the issues when they change the
    doctrine, so they are clearing up our misunderstanding.

Great thread from before my JWD days. Thanks for resurrecting it.

• sir82
    sir82

Woops!

Hey, all y'all that are quoting from that "7/15/2005" Watchtower article...

Look at the date of the original post containing that apparent "quotation" - it was written in 2003!

That's just Funkyderek pullin' yer chains.

Although, in retrospect...he wasn't that far off in his parody, either by content or by date. Maybe he's got an inside contact...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit