A question for my JW friends

by jst2laws 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Just to let you know I do read your posts

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

This is a "common" Witness condemnation of apostates? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I HAVE, porkie.

• Loris
    Loris

Oh yes the old "wait on Jehovah" line. Because we RAN ahead of the Almighty Borg and did not wait on it to make the changes we saw needed to be made we are looked at as members of the Uzzah class.

Wasn't Uzzah's greater sin the silent going along with the company men? He knew the rule of transport for the Ark. He chose to keep his mouth shut and then when disaster happened, something he might have thought about before hand, he tried to save the day.

I would also prefer to be a Nathan. The only thing is the members of the King David class are not so reasonable. How many Nathans will have to confront the David's before something is done?

Loris

• Simon
    Simon

I used this as an example at my JC to show that the organisations DOES do things wrong.

The kind had the ark carried in that way. What if Uzzah had spoken out at that time? He'd probably have been run through by a sword.

The moral is?

Jehovahs org is always in the right, even when it's wrong, and will always blame someone else for it's mistakes.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Thus my alias.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Berylblue I'm sure you're very common.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Really though,

why did Jehovah , knowing all, decide to kill uazzah? Does that not seem petty?

weds

• outnfree
    outnfree

Pork Chop,

While beryl was perhaps remiss to call you "Porkie" (It's undignified, I agree), there was no reason to call her "common" which is not an undignified nickname, but a slur on her character. Think about it.

Jst2,

I, too, have heard this "argument" frequently as justification for why one should always "go with the flow" of "God's organization" even when the organization and/or its policies are wrong. It is almost certainly true that Uzzah and Abio were NOT the instigators of the "Let's carry the Ark in a wagon this time" policy, but likely (heh heh) were victims of following sinful leaders.

outnfree

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

regards the Prodigal Son---ifI am not mistaken...didn't the father run out to meet him half way and bring him new clothes and then tell the slaves to run back and prepare a feast?

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit