Eight Days Vacation per Year

by Satanus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I work for Alta Bates Medical Center, which has a nice vacation setup: employees earn about 8 hours' vacation time ("paid time off") and 8 hours' sick leave every pay period. The amount increases slightly with each year of seniority. You can cash out up to half your accumulated/leftover vacation time, but only once a year.

And I'm still getting used to working for a mostly humane company, so I've got about 280 hours' total time off piled up from this year alone. I took a whole week off this summer -- my first real vacation ever while employed -- and used only 40 hours of PTO. Hmm...where can I go next?

gently feral

• Satanus
    Satanus

It looks like there are many companies that are good to work for, some not.

Just a thought though, if you post where you work, everyone can see it Consider if you want to reveal that info or not.

SS

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

SaintSatan,

Just a thought though, if you post where you work, everyone can see it Consider if you want to reveal that info or not.

I believe that's the only clue to my identity that I've ever posted on this board. So, yeah, that cuts the "haystack" down to only a few thousand people for this particular "needle". So much for stalkers, I believe.

Wasn't working here when I was a jaydub, so that's no use to any moles on this board. I don't have any near & dear ones in the WhuffPower Babble & Trick Society, anyway.

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit