Recording Judicial Committee meetings........and having fun!

by nicolaou 29 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I made it a point to record every meeting they had with me. If they asked me if I had any recording devices, I said no. According to one watchtower article, I didn't have to give them information they were not entitled to. Theocratic warefare, right? What were they going to do, strip search me? Let 'em try!!!

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• JT
    JT

see you all guys AIN'T NO GOOD

this is funny- i can't think of any way better to mess with the Cheese and Cracker men than the way in which you have described-

• AlanF
    AlanF

Gadget, you can make some pretty decent recordings with Sony Minidisc recorders. They aren't exactly cheap, but there are several varieties and priced accordingly.

My favorite is the model MZ-B100 which is designed for recording voice interviews. It has automatic level control on the microphone input, which the above models don't. It's not cheap, though.

AlanF

• Gadget
    Gadget

Thanks AlanF, I hadn't thought of that. I already have a very good JVC Minidisc recorder, I would just need a microphone. Mines designed for music, but I suppose I would still get a decent quality digital recording from it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

You'll get decent music recording, Gadget, but if the JVC unit doesn't have automatic level control on the microphone it won't pick up a lot of conversation. Trust me on this; I've compared the results with the regular Sony units and the MZ-B100.

AlanF

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

This is great! Ive got a friend in Law, I'll ask him to come with me if they want to have a JC with me. He'll kick their butt!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Bumped in response to Olin Moyles Ghost's topic . . .

• Balaamsass
  • jemba
    jemba

good thread

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Gosh...I never cared if someone recorded me in a meeting as an elder. I really tried to be compassionate and respectful. But I did hear a few elders say some krazy stuff.

I will never meet with a JC commitee, personally.( I would draw out any info by phone and send a letter of general denial, requesting to meet any "accuser" prior to the 2 brother inquiry, to handle the misunderstanding "between the publisher and I alone- to iron out any slander or misunderstanding".

But if someone did decide to attend a meeting, I would record it. Unless you tell them you have a recorder how would they know?

Recording what was said AFTER you left the room would be incredibly valuable. Who made the accusations. Who was pushing for action etc. That would require a recorder placed in the room PRIOR to any meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit