A picture is really worth a thousand words

by observador 23 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Gosh, I feel like crying when I see this picture. How terribly sad. Sad, wasted youths, entire lives. All gone to this BS corporation that calls itself a religion. This picture represents wasted lives in my opinion.

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

Well if it was at any assemblies that I attended..... then the youths are out walking around the corridors or outside playin mac daddy. Or they are sitting at the very top out of view of the parents.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

calor de mierda

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Divine retribution in action! Time and circumstance befall them all.

#1 ...already gone.
    #2 ...just getting struck.
    #3 ...about to be.
    #4 ...intended target - two men involved in dubious behaviour...(lot of hands in that lap)

• observador
    observador

My honey asked me if this is contagious 'cause look at the guy #2, he's yawning open wide.

This assembly must have been very, very interesting. Sorry guys, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this pic.

See ya.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Damn they really look pathetic.

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

All of the young people are out cruising the halls and trying to pick up on the other single brothers and sisters. Thats exactly what I used to do. I remember when I was younger, going to the assemblies, it was all about showing off your new clothes and meeting single brothers. UGH!!!!

• teejay
    teejay

That photo makes me ill. I can just hear the speaker droning on and on and on in a mindless, robotic monologue and his words echoing around the auditorium... wanting for the session to be over so I could hit the swimming pool! Oh man, just thinking... all those wasted summer days...

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    That photo makes me ill.

I agree. Looking at that photo and all the older people there who are wasting the precious time they have left being lied to by a book-publishing company which gives it's members false hopes and encourages practices that lower the quality of life for adherents.

I can just hear the speaker droning on and on and on in a mindless, robotic monologue and his words echoing around the auditorium... wanting for the session to be over so I could hit the swimming pool!

Or how about the countless hours wasted every week at Book Study, Theocratic Ministry School, Service Meeting, Sunday Public Talk, and Watchtower Study? Or the "personal study" which all are admonished to do to "prepare" for these meetings? Or for that matters, hours wasted peddling magazines in field service?

Oh man, just thinking... all those wasted summer days...
    All those wasted days period. Depending on how many years you were Dubdom. Years lost which can never be regained. A sobering reminder as to why some are so passionate in revealing the true nature of the Watchtower.
  • teejay
    teejay

Just noticed that Observador is posting from Brazil. If that's accurate, it just goes to show that if you've been to one JW convention, you've been to them all.

Ah, those blissfull days (decades, for me) in the Spiritual Paradise(tm)! If it's even vaguely representative of the Earthly Paradise, then I'm damn glad not to be going there! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit