A picture is really worth a thousand words

by observador 23 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

Many people here have described how interesting this summer's conventions were. Well, I got this picture - which requires no explanation - from a faithful to the letter jdub but apparently with a good sense of humor.

Now, if this picture made its way to an Watchtower magazine, what would the caption be? Suggestions please!

The above says:

Short-sleeved shirt: $36
    Tie: $20
    Pair of shoes: $40
    Being caught sleeping in the assembly: priceless!

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else there is mastercard.

• rekless
    rekless

Where are the youths and the future dubbies?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I am with rekless here. Where are the JW youth from ages 16-25? If this picture is any evidence.. then that demographic is almost nonexistent.

The last few times I snug into a Kingdumb Hall just to see what was going on, unless it was a case of children who were too young to decide for themselves and forced to live at home with loyal Dub parents, the youth contingent that is supposed to replace the older generation (oh wait that's right, the older generation wasn't supposed to die anyway) is not there.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

hiarious pic!

As to why there are no youths; it looks like the floor section. At all the DCs I've been to, that section was reserved for elderly. And obviously the really tired.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Well, there are a lot of people in that picture that I would have trouble characterizing as elderly and there is one young man--looks early teens--in the upper left. Certainly not much of a showing of the young.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks
    Now, if this picture made its way to an Watchtower magazine, what would the caption be? Suggestions please!

Well, the caption would have to excuse the WBTS, so a suggestion:

Man in brown jacket: "WAKE UP, BROTHER DURMIENDO !!!"

Man in sleeveless shirt: zzz...zzz...zzz..."I'm...not...schleeping...I'm...appreachiating...Jehovach's...creachtion..."

zzz...zzz...zzz...

Spanner

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping? Brother John? Brother John?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Where are the JW youth from ages 16-25? If this picture is any evidence.. then that demographic is almost nonexistent.

Oftentimes they have the floor of the arena for elderly (and their family). It's possible that's what this section is a shot of.

However, looking at the photo brings back all sorts of memories. Remember how boring it was, how hot the arena was, how time seemed to not only slow down, but move backwards, how stale and smelly the air was ... and I'm supposed to regret leaving this paradise WHY?

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Where are the youths and the future dubbies?

The youths are out walking around, which is what 90% do at assemblies.

• Special K
    Special K

Hey

I say good for the guy.. someone finally knows where god is.. UP THERE!! GOD IS UPTHERE!!! That's where he's saying he has to concentrate and not in some man putting across his own ideas on stage.

YEAH FOR THIS MAN!!

SPECIAL K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit