How many of you went to the elders when you / someone did something wrong ?

by run dont walk 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I've read a lot of threads of late, where people stated when they did something wrong they would go the elders the next day and confess.

I find this truly bizzare !!!

Okay, maybe I didn't have a conscience as a JW, I did alot of things wrong, but, that would be the f--kin' day I would go to the elders and confess anything. I would never tell those old goots anything, because then they would have something to hang over you for a long time.

Maybe it's just me.

How many of you went to the elders first, when you / someone did something wrong ???

here's the big question ................

Did you say to yourself after "why the hell did I tell them anything ???"

• dmouse
    dmouse

While I was a JW I never did anything wrong, not seriously.

But if I had then hell no, I always felt it would be between me and God.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

*raises hand sheepishly*

I was one of the dummies who confessed. A few times, it was after someone had either already told them, or threatened to tell them. Once I went on my own. Duh. *rolls eyes*

How stupid! And JWs say that "confession" like the Catholics do is wrong. *shakes head* If I were a religious person and followed the rules, I'd prefer the Catholic way.

• Maverick
    Maverick

If you really believed they were servants of the True God and He would withhold his blessings on your cong. (like I did) then you would not hesitate to go to them. I tried twice to step down and both times the Elders talked me out of it. Not thinking outside the box, I got frustrated and when out and had sex with this worldly woman and then went and told them, knowing they would have to remove me. Which they did. I had, in over twenty years as a dud, never been on that side of the JC. Even when they DF'd my wife for adultery I was treated like the victim and she the bad old sister! Funny now because by their actions it is obvious that committing adultry on ones mate is a far lesser offense than questioning the validity of the Society as God Earthly Org! My daughter went to the DC and she got hammered by the duds over that letter I sent out last Feb on Baptisum Nullification. She got so angry at the bone heads she asked me for a copy of CoC! Maverick

• Amazing
    Amazing

I did. - Jim W.

• Austrian
    Austrian

Hell no, I never did. The group of young ones that I associated with were ratted out by a goody goody for drugs and sex one time. We found out and before the JC was formed the 8 of us got together to get our stories straight. Deny, Deny, Deny... It was the best!!! Result was private reproof for 3 of us. The best part was the goody goody saw the errors of her ways and apologized to us. She then came over to the dark side of the force.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I didn't have to confess to anybody -- my dad was an elder and he and Mom made CERTAIN I did nothing wrong . . . or interesting, or fun, or [*sigh*] . . . well, you get the picture!

As for the one time when I sneaked out of the house to go out on a date with a guy they didn't approve of -- I didn't tell my parents about that until Dad was disfellowshipped for adultery and Mom had Alzheimer's. Hey, I'm not stupid!

Nina

• Hamas
    Hamas

I know OF a brother that went to the elders after, how do you say, hand relief.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

After I was molested, never trusted any adult enough, much less the elders. I was a cynic from age 4.

CG

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

There is no way I would go to them for anything. On the other hand they always came to me without fail when they thought I had done something wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit