What are you doing to preach the "good news" to your neighbors?

by mizpah 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mizpah
    mizpah

When I left the organization this question was asked by some JWs. It was undoubtedly asked with the thought in mind that we weren't fulfilling our dedication to Jehovah? I know what my answer was to this. But I would be interested to read what others have to say about it.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm not doing much of anything in the way of preaching good news. My neighbors don't want to hear it. I'm tired of the whole sales pitch thing. Recently, I realized how people must feel. I've been appraoched twice in the past month by co-workers trying to get me to 1) Start a marketing business and 2) Invest money. In both instances I felt cornered and taken advantage of by people who exploit their social contacts to spread whatever it is they are tryng to sell. I'm tired of it and therefore have no urge to "share" something with someone that is going to make them feel the same way I do right now.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I was never a jw, but I do say that jwism is just an evil, and that you haven't got something wrong with you if you think so - the good news being that you're simply right.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I accidentley flicked a cigarrette butt in their Garden yesterday. Thats about the closest I've got to preaching anything to them.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Like the old saying goes, "You can attract more bees with honey than you can with vinegar". I feel that by treating others like a human being and respect is a better witness than selling them all the magazines and books.

Will

• Satanus
    Satanus

Brummie

For shame.

The closest i come to preaching at my nieghbors is asking them to keep the noise down. Since i'm quite close to the landlord, i might be able to bring about some tribulation, if i try

SS

• mizpah
    mizpah

The "gospel" or good news of the 1st century was quite different from the message that JWs preach today. The good news was basically that Christ had come and given his life on behalf of mankind. And that he was resurrected and would come again to restore life. Believers shared this faith with their families and neighbors. But there were only some in the congregation who were appointed to be "evangelizers." Equally important as preaching were the other "gifts" that were manifested including showing kindness and hospitality. The churches of that time were not established for the sole purpose of sending out each individual member as a preacher. But they were centers of shared faith and warm association. And to be noted, these churches were in homes of people...not in Kingdom Halls.

What Jehovah's Witnesses fail to recognize is that if their message that Christ came invisibly in 1914 and has been reigning in the heavens since that time is wrong, then they have been preaching a false message these many years. This would make them the "false prophets" and "false teachers" of Jesus' warning. And this should be a sobering thought for all who are JWs.

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

What I'm doing is, telling my neighbors to keep their kids out of the KH until the WTS is ready to produce a list of all the perverts playing the role of elder at their local KH. That's good news to any parent.

If the millions of JWs worldwide had any dignity, they would make a stand for truth where it counts.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm just living life as carnivorously as i can! When I am it, I live it! Joy to you all!

CG

• cat1759
    cat1759

I send my little Pomeranian over there with the magazines.

Then the neighbor takes the magazines and uses them to beat my dog out of their yard.

I don't do anything. They keep to themselves and I keep to myself.

Cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit