Demons / Urban Legends! Which Is It????

by Big Jim 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

Has anyone on this board ever experienced contact with demons?

I have heard demons talked about for years, however I have never known anyone that has had any real experiences with them, I have only heard storys.

(SOME QUOTES)

Christians should never fail to sense the operation of an angelic glory. It forever eclipses the world of demonic powers, as the sun does a candle's light.

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon than the Word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind.

If we really think about it, God exists for any single individual who puts his trust in Him, not for the whole of humanity, with its laws, its organizations, and its violence. Humanity is the demon which God does not succeed in destroying.

Not necessity, not desire --no, the love of power is the demon of men. Let them have everything --health, food, a place to live, entertainment --they are and remain unhappy and low-spirited: for the demon waits and waits and will be satisfied.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Possibly. Don't know if it was demons, but I certainly had a VERY weird experience for which I have found no reasonable explanation.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Have never had an experience with a spirit of any kind be it angelic or demonic. I have had several dreams come true which is kinda funky. But that's about it.

BW

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

When I was 16, my family moved into an old house in the country. For the first week nothing happened. Soon, there were strange noises in the attic, and streams of smoke would just appear in front of us, then disappear. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with the feeling of someone sitting on my chest with their hands around my throat. I found out later that my mom was having the same experience at night.

My parents talked to one of the elders about it, and went through the house throwing away all items that were purchased at a yard sale. My dad threw away all of my Billy Idol cassettes because they had a cross on the label. He actually threw away my "Legend Of Zelda" game because it had magic in it.

Still, after throwing away everything they thought my be "inviting" the demons into our home, there were more unexplained things happening.

I was in my little brothers room talking to him when we heard a rattling sound. We looked up on his dresser and his penny bank was shaking like crazy. It started sliding across the dresser and fell off.

There was an antique doll that my mom had purchased at a yard sale, that we threw out into the garbage can outside. Later that night when I went to bed the doll was laying on my pillow.

Needless to say "Calling on the name of Jehovah" never helped, not even when I was being physically attacked.

We eventually moved.

My parents believe that the house itself was demonized.

Personally, I believe that we simply lived in a haunted house. Call it a ghost or a poltergeist if you want, but I know for a fact that SOMETHING was living in that house other than my family.

• Liberty
    Liberty

I've come to believe since leaving the "Borg" that demons and even the Devil himself just flat do not exist anywhere except in our own fevered imaginations. I have never seen any evidence for the real existance of these mythical beings and no one but religious fanatics seem to have trouble with them. I would think that"worldly" folks as unbelievers would constantly be harrased by the demonic hoards because they lack "Jehovah's protection" but,like these "evil worldly" people , I have never been bothered once in all my years after leaving. In short, demons, like most JW clap-trap are pure crap. They are a fear tactic used to scare people into submission. Look at the Old Test. of the Bible and you will find that the Devil is barely mentioned at all, which is strange if he is God's arch enemy in the battle of soveriegnty. Can you talk about the conflict in WWII and not mention Hitler once in a while? The whole Devil thing is utter nonsense.

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

Slayer,

I had a similar experience with the choking around the neck. It felt like someone was sitting on my chest and I could feel they wanted to hurt me. I said Jehovah's name in my head and immediately it went away, but I was freaked out for a week. I still cannot fall asleep on my back, it was that real.
    This happened when I was fervently studying the bible and trying to come back to the truth after a break during my teen years. A couple months after that I had a recurring dream/thing happen. I haven't had anything like it since and I was and am positive it wasn't in my mind. I was awakened three mornings in a row by my husbands voice and keys rattling in the lock, footsteps coming toward my bedroom and when I sat up in bed and called for my husband he wasn't there. He had already gone to work. Each time I felt like I was drowning or floating or something, it was an eery sense of being half asleep and half awake. After the third time I started waking up when he did to avoid it happening again. I've never had such a thing happen since then in the last 8 years.

Who really knows?

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Hi doubting,

There is a condition called "Night Terrors" http://www.nightterrors.org/

that people will try to say explains the feeling of someone on top of you, doing harm.

Did anything happen while you were already awake, maybe just sitting down watching tv?
    The reason I ask, is because in your case when you called out Jehovah's name, it went away. I am by NO means trying to say that it didn't really happen, because I know for a fact that it can and does happen.

What I am saying is that if you read about these "Night Terrors" you may find that calling out Jehovah's name only worked, because you had been conditioned to believe that it would.

At any rate, it is a horrible thing to go through.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Doubtingsister,

Your experiances were real, they were dreams. Dreams can seem very real because you are really experiancing something just not what you think it is. The real clue to this is that few of us while at work in the middle of our shifts while we are alert and awake have wierd-demonic-ghost encounters. Instead these strange things usually happen at night in bed while or near the sleep state. I have had many strange experiances when I am sleepy but rarely if ever while awake in the coarse of a normal day. If ghosts/demons existed we'd see them all the time in every situation not just when we're alone or at night. Otherwise we must believe they have union rules which specify leaving us alone while at work or in public.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I've had expereince with both demons and angels, the angels were much more fun.

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

I'm going to look into the night terrors, I've heard about them before, but haven't looked into it. I do have to say that since I started disengaging from the Witness mindset that I don't have that fear of demons anymore, so I'm quite open to checking out other options. Thanks for the link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit