"Library Card" Defense refuted

by hooberus 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover

Here's how I look at the UN affiliation as hypocritical and damning to the WTS:

The average JW cannot, without penalty(DFing), join the YMCA or YWCA. If I, as a JW, decided to join the YMCA, not for so-called Christian fellowship, but for the sole purpose of using the gym facilities, because they are the best in my area, I would be disfellowshipped for having joined together with Babylon the Great. A true Christian(JW) cannot and would not do this. There is no room for discussion; quit, repent or be disfellowshipped.

The WTS joined the UN as an NGO. Not to fellowship with other NGOs or help do what it is NGOs do, but to use the library(their story). Whether it's to use the library or not, they have linked themselves with the Wild Beast. They have allowed themselves to become entangled with the world's politics. When pointed out to them(found out by press and others), they quietly quit and gave the library card excuse. No repentance was shown for their sin. They have condemned themselves not only by becoming an NGO, but by quietly, lyingly, excusing their actions as a sincere attempt to gain access to a library without any remorse or chagrin.

That's how I refute their excuse. If the avgerage JW can't use that excuse, then how can the WTS?

• waiting
    waiting

Very good point, undercover.

I know a local man who was df'd years ago for joining the YMCA. Also know a sister around here who was going to join our local Y - but some other sisters "helped to train her conscience."

The sister who wanted to join? She had about 50 pounds to lose....and there are no other health clubs of that calibur around here. Too bad.

waiting

• lurk
    lurk

hi ive been following this un thing on the forum. ive got some questions ...hope you havent heard these to much before.

1) it would be great to get a copy of the 1991 application forms. has this every been achieved??

the WTS must have a copy surely this sort of stuff means each party has a copy of application nd exceptance.

.so this would mean that other NGO's would have copys of there application or acceptance.

I wonder what other NGO's like say the catholic church would allow there copies to be seen ?? after all it cant be a problem for them can it im sure theyd be more than happy to oblidge.

2) the "PREVENTION OF DISCRIMINATION AGAINST AND THE PROTECTION OF MINORITIES" posted on another thread.where did that come from??? if theres stuff like this out there there to view id like to know ..has anyone seen documents discussing say the goals of NGO members? they must have got to gether at some point to discuss goals .

maybe other NGO's would have this stuff.

3) how realistic is the idea of approaching other friendly NGO'S ?

lurk

thanks for the massive work put into all this

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hi lurk,

I kinda know a little about the subject and the politics of of the Department of Public Information at the UN.

I was provided with letters from Mr. Hoeffel and Mr. Hoeffel's boss. They refuse to locate or give me the original application blank forms.

They also, based on their own privacy information, refuse to hand over anything from the Watchtower's file at DPI.

Unfortunately, unlike my Province where I can request government information through the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privcay Act, the UN has no statute and thus they can do whatever they please.

It is so bad with that DPI office that I remember just after I got Hoeffel to send me that October 11, 2001 letter (that is now all over the net), that Hoeffel started directing all calls to his office on the WTS subject directly to me. I literally had hundreds of JWs and nonJWs phoning my office and asking me about this "partnership" (UN's actual wording) between the Watchtower (acting as am "Associated" Non Governmental Organization) and the United Nations Department of Inofrmation. I had to phone Hoeffel back up and literally scream at the guy until he agreed NOT to direct these phone calls (that the UN should have been dealing with) directly to me. My parting words were "... why the hell do countries give money to the UN, if its staff are directing information requests to other people who aren't part of the UN and are not getting paid to answer the phone on their time?

I am actually still on it - believe it or not and one of these days I hope I or someone else will get a hold of the orginal documents.

Remember though - in order to become an "associated" NGO with the UN's DPI, they, the WTS, had to voluntarily ask the DPI to associate with the UN and then agree to supporting the UN charter.

hawk

hawk

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!! hooberus

I've been looking for that article.

Take about putting your foot in your mouth.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Awesome hooberus! I'm definitely gonna highlight that one in my WT Lib CD-ROM...

• heathen
    heathen

I for one would like to see an authentic copy of the application for the malawie political card .I mean jeez any gov. that would rape murder and mame people over a friggen .25 cent political card is definately not worth the .25 cents to begin with .

• Jourles
    Jourles

Has anyone ever thought to look up some of the NGO's, preferably ones that might be against JW's - or organizations which are usually blasted by the WTS, and ask them to fax you a copy of their original application?(circa '91-'01) They can even censor out their information as long as the original wording and statements remain untouched. If you explain the situation to them and that they could possibly have a minor hand in exposing the WTS for what they did, they may accept to volunteer some paperwork.

It's worth a shot. There are a couple thousand NGO's out there, right? There has to be at least a few who would be willing to help out the cause. Heck, I will start looking up some of this information tomorrow and start making a few calls to some NGO's. I've been pretty bored at work lately anyways.

• lulu
    lulu

Does anyone yet know if the brothers in Malawi know of what has been done to them by the WTBTS and the difference of them and the Mexicans? Very interested in this as too many times in the past I have wept at the news of what was happening to the Malawians.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    It's worth a shot. There are a couple thousand NGO's out there, right? There has to be at least a few who would be willing to help out the cause. Heck, I will start looking up some of this information tomorrow and start making a few calls to some NGO's.

I think that this is an excellent idea. I believe that in 1992 the DPI published a letter of NGO's recently associating with it. If one could get the paper-work from one of these other NGO's which appear listed then the original DPI paperwork (probably 1991) should be the same as that filled out by the WT, even for a different group not listed on the letter. But the 1992 letter would be a great place to start, because it lists groups known to have filled out DPI paperwork at the same time as the WT. Then you can show the witnesses the DPI paperwork that NGO's who wished to "associate" with DPI had to fill out at the same time as the WT Here is the letter:

http://www.randytv.com/secret/feb92dpia.jpg

Since these groups were newly associating with DPI in 1992, then they stand a good chance of also being relatively new NGO's. Getting both the NGO and later DPI paperwork from one of these groups would be just as good as getting blank forms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit