My family gave a great witness at my little sister's wedding...NOT!

by laylaluv 31 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Warm welcome to Layla...

Sandy, I had highlighted the same point to quote. Funny that it never occurred to me before,

• blondie
    blondie
    I also told her that if I needed three elders to tell me I was forgiven, then Jesus should have never sacrificed his life for our sins.

Excellent point, one worth remembering for all here who are DF'd and not DF'd.

Welcome, layla.

Blondie

• laylaluv
    laylaluv

THANKS EVERYONE....for your nice comments and welcomes!!!!

• Buster
    Buster

All right, all right, no need to rub it in, Laylaluv. You are definitely a bigger person than I. I could never have tolerated that crap.

Welcome!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Good for you for holding your head high. My husband (never JW) and I got married last October and the only family of mine that showed was my Uncle (who gave me away) and his daughter. It was still a beautiful day for us! The way I look at it, it's my parents that missed out...not me.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Welcome Laylaluv!!! What a strong person you are - remarkable!!

I told her that God was love and I didn't need three elders telling me I was forgiven for my sins. I also told her that if I needed three elders to tell me I was forgiven, then Jesus should have never sacrificed his life for our sins.

I am using this in a letter if you don't mind - so simple & yet so powerful a statement!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, laylaluv, and great first post. You have a fantastic quote, there. Don't lose it!

I told her that God was love and I didn't need three elders telling me I was forgiven for my sins. I also told her that if I needed three elders to tell me I was forgiven, then Jesus should have never sacrificed his life for our sins.
  • run dont walk
    run dont walk

first of all WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and as regards to your story, I'm speechless ...............

Really I'm surprised they came to the wedding , considering, but to treat you like a criminal more or less, well, what do we expect from JW's anyways, one track mind.

I wondering abit myself when my neices and nephews get married (all in their 20's) if I will even be invited.

My mom also not doing well, if she dies, honestly I don't know if I would attend the talk at the Kingdom Hall. I will go to the funeral but I doubt I will set foot in the Hall.

I asked on a thread before "When did the Watchtower become more important than family ?"

Remember, you will always have lots of friends and support here, we like df'd people.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome Lalaluv! You go Girl! And just think, your kids are going to be even stronger than you are....Good job getting on with your life and no doubt being a great role model for them! YOU are the one showing the true Christian attitude, not your Jdub siblings. Hurray for you!

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hi Lalaluv,

Good on ya! For all the "good" that J-Dubs do in 20 years of preaching the "witness" than can give in just a few minutes can undo it all. Their behavior speaks volumes.

My parents didn't bother to attend my wedding to a non-JW. They could have had an all-expense-paid trip to the US from the UK as I was prepared for the "we can't afford to come" excuse. Their excuse was lamer. Oh well, it provided a great "witness" to all my friends and my wife's family (several trekking from the west coast) and even the wedding photographer.

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit