Dose Wt really have that much cash.

by joe134cd 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

What alarms me is the SPEED with which they have made these changes. Herd might as well have had a machete the way he carved slices out of each department. That doesn't show to me a sustainable business model being slowly rolled out. It shows sheer panic.

They already have congregational pledging. It wouldn't take much to implement it on a personal level. It will be just one extra form to fill in.

Yes, some may leave, but the gb will just blame it on the 'love of the greater number cooling off'.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There are apparently 250 retired bethelites there alone. The annual cost of medical care for this lot, alone, must be in the millions.

At age 65, all US citizens qualify for government provided health insurance (Medicare). Those below poverty level may also qualify for additional State assistance or welfare (Medicaid) which will pay all Medicare deductibles and provide additional income to their low Social Security (low because neither they nor the WTS paid into the SS fund for all the years they worked for "free"). Once again, we the taxpayers bail out those that failed to plan ahead for their own "Golden Years". Of course, the JW recipient sees it as Jehovah providing for them. (Jehovah, nor his earthly Borg, gave one f**king dime towards it.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

What you're describing is a kind of cannibalizing hard assets to cash

flow,

Alternatively,

A PDF of these magazines will be will be sent to you,

For a small contribution of 10 cents for the two

PayPal available

Just press here on my phone,

:)

(Where's my tiger to pet, dammit, this wasn't my idea, so where is it?)

:0)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They're flush with real-estate earnings. Donation revenue flow, though?

Not so much (hence the real-estate earnings).

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Indulgences!!

Of course!!

Passes through Armageddon

Issued by the GB

Then traded amongst the brethren

Hey it worked in Europe for hundreds of years

Before some cranky up start in Germany made a big fuss,

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

shepherdless you are right that reducing the magazines doesn't save all that much in printing costs because of the fixed costs involved. But it probably saves a lot in translation man hours. That's where the main financial incentive for cutting back the literature may be.

Recently they abandoned some translations altogether, included simplified French and so on. What I thought was interesting was they didn't even bother to offer a fake excuse. They just said, "the GB has decided to stop them" and that's it.

More desperate cost saving no doubt.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Remember too when they decided to build the new headquarters Guy Pierce made an odd remark at the time. He said something like, "we don't know if Jehovah is behind the move. We will need to wait and see if it works out." I think there may have been a suggestion they had bitten off more than they could chew financially.

If they are selling assets to meet running costs then that is a serious situation. And that is precisely what Lett implied they were doing when he said the sale of a single property only meets running costs for a month or two.

Does anyone have that quote from Guy Pierce?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

slimboyfat:

Watchtower 2012 Aug 15 p. 17

Study edition

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For an organization that has supported the long standing position of using half truths to support the organization, its not surprising that the GB heads would do just that concerning the organization's finances.

The lying deceiving doctrines that the WTS made up for its literature proliferation will continue, so will the money that the WTS cultivates from its devoted members.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks there it is:

There are plans to develop a 248-acre (100 ha) property at Warwick. “Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick,” said Brother Pierce, “we are proceeding to devel- op the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit