the problem with you, apostates, is that your doubts were not genuine

by never a jw 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

In page 10 of the Correspondence Guidelines, in the section of Apostasy" I found the following:

One who has sincere doubts or
    questions
    should be kindly aided in
    the spirit of Galatians...

I am forced to conclude that many of you didn't get any aid because your doubts were fake. So according to the WT manual, your main sin may have not been doubting, but faking having doubts. So, I guess it's impossible to be an apostate. If you have sincere doubts you get help, but most of you didn't get help. Consequently, your doubts were not sincere, and we can conclude that you are still a believer, not an apostate.

Help me, English is not my first language. Am I missing something?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Very illogical and presumptuous of a statement to make.

The people who left the JWS did so for many various reasons, some left from personal doubts, some left upon knowing and realizing the false teachings propagated by this religious publishing house.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

They put doubters into two categories. The "sincere doubters" that are little innocent doves that maybe heard something that troubles them or have a question they can't get a satisfying answer to.

Then there are the Apostate Devils that have already convinced themselves that the org is crap.

They write off the apostates and disfellowship them. They play shepherd to the "sincere doubter".

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Terrible article. Some people leave the Borg because they believe with their heart and mind they are doing appropriate thing. Such a statement is inconclusive.
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

If the elders ask you if you believe the FDS is the governing body or if the FDS is being used as Gods Channel, and you answer No, you are basically a cooked goose.

quite telling how quickly they write off somebody as soon as they deny the FDS. It means they know you see the con. You are a lost cause at that point. You are literally dead to them.

• prologos
    prologos
    --I am forced to conclude that many of you didn't get any aid because your doubts were fake.-- so,

it is the elders that a priori decide that the doubts are fake, and then do not give aid, to make the doubts fake in reality? circular reasoning.

The reason elders give no aid is that they are helpless, beyond aid themselves., when confronted with intelligent arguments. In my days we were instructed not to get into detailed discussions, loyalty questions only.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    You can have doubts just as long as you come to the conclusion & answers they expect you to.... if you have legitimate doubts that exposes the WT, according to their guidelines you are not sincere but fake... it comes down to you have to agree with all their teachings regardless. .. loyalty to an org, rather than your conscious
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Good points khaleesi, they don't have any patience for independent thoughts or doubts that can't be handled in like 5 minutes and never mentioned again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

never a jw - "...If you have sincere doubts you get help, but most of you didn't get help. Consequently, your doubts were not sincere, and we can conclude that you are still a believer, not an apostate."

They've DFed plenty of "apostates" who were, nevertheless, sincere believers.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Standard putting critics in a lose lose position.

If it walks like a cult, and quacks like a cult...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit