Occupations that will disappear

by joker 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting is not that a couple men who imagined something of what their gods might be able to do for them 3000 years ago, that people here today hold to as a tenable belief themselves.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I always thought it was sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I always thought it was sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll...

That's the modern wish of list of today but to be honest I've been there and it wasn't so great.

• Mum
    Mum

The only occupations I can envision for their "paradise" is farmer and produce eater. "Paradise" has no place for intellectuals of any kind, great literature. As Plato pointed out, the ideal state has no poets. There won't be any great stories of people who have overcome obstacles to success

I can't imagine statisticians or mathematicians having any place, except the engineers who do truss calcs and such for home construction.

Will there be restaurants in "paradise?" Not if it is as visualized in the publications, surely. So, no professional chefs, waiters and waitresses, or other restaurant workers.

We're not going to miss out on much, are we?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

What about the occupations that will get a boost in the new world? I mean, those jobs you guys have mentioned aren't coming back. But they will be replaced with new, tremendous jobs. So many jobs.

Clothing re-purposing - From that closing regional convention video I assume that all former medical scrub clothing will be made into appropriate attire.

Teeth Whiteners - If our teeth are perfect and will lat forever, can you imagine how yellow they will be after a thousand years of eating fruit? I figure I can start this one about 250 years in. After I am done with....

Body disposal - Even after the birds pick off all the flesh from the billions of dead people, what about all of those bones? What about the ones that rot before the birds get to them. Sure god can miraculously make the birds never loose their appetite, but people rot pretty fast. So this is a tiered job with lots of layers, but it can keep a lot of people busy.

Bird killer - I figure those birds are going to become unusually strong from all of the protein they have consumed, and we will probably be unusually weak from lack of it (will we be allowed to eat Spam after the big A?.......no). So we will have to learn how to sling rocks David style at birds with a taste for human flesh trying to pick off the little ones. This is a skill position.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Pharmaceutical Chemists

There will no need for Preparation-H

or Beano

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Gynecologists since no one will have sex organs.
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

I left to study medicine, an elder at my last ever meeting mocked me in the car park as I was leaving, there were a few people around and laughing aloud he said .... "What a waste of time, do you think we will need doctors in paradise?"

I didn't even answer, I just shook my head and left.

As for his profession..... I wonder if double glazing will be a thing in 'paradise'?

in the meantime I'll keep doctoring and treating sick & dying people.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lawyers

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

policemen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit