Occupations that will disappear

by joker 31 Replies latest jw friends

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

does anyone have their own story about professions that the witnesses believe will not be needed after the big A ?

This brings memories of those ridiculous conversations about how things are going to be in paradise. Yes, I remember many saying that there are never going to need doctors.

In fact, I also remember my mother discouraging a woman she was giving bible studies from her daughter becoming a nurse because according to her there are more useful things to do that can be useful in the new order.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think a better question might be, "what occupations would remain?"

Probably a much shorter list, and therefore easier and less time-consuming.

:unamused:

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I remember one brother who would get angry when people would say that medical practitioners would not be needed in the "New World". He would say, "I guess when you fall and break your leg your bone will magically set itself."

The perception of what perfection is in the minds of most Witnesses is down right nutty buckets. As a child my father once asked me during our Bible study "If Adam and Eve were perfect, free from sin, how were they able to disobey Jehovah?" The question stumped me. Perfect just means free from defect. You don't become like Wolverine with mutant healing abilities. You don't magically have the knowledge of the universe downloaded into your head. The work of your hands isn't with out flaw.

• Simon
    Simon

Back in the real world, we're facing a future where the current largest form of employment (driving) may soon be made obsolete.

Whatever the job, there is someone somewhere working to automate it which will only concentrate more wealth in the hands of a few.

The greatest wealth inequality that history has ever seen will only end badly.

• blondie
    blondie

Since Adam and Eve supposedly were naked and living out in the open in Eden eating fruit off trees they did not plant or take care...what jobs would that eliminate?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I knew a JW girl in High School who said that her boyfriend's occupation was going to be needed in the "New Order". He was studying to be an architect.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Firearm manufacturers, unless those petted lions start gobbling up those children.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Proctology

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fluffer. :smirk:

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It is said that man has three basic needs in life: Love,purpose and significance...These things will be taken away in Paradise, you will know your purpose (serve the sky GOD). Scientist, Archaeologist, college professor and high school teachers, forget it no need you will know it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit