Occupations that will disappear

by joker 31 Replies latest jw friends

• joker
    joker

While growing up in the cult one thing that always bothered me was the way witnesses could forecast jobs/occupations that we're going to vanish in their new world.

For example, we would usually discuss at Saturday night wt studies how doctors, nurses, funeral directors, and soldiers would go the way of the dodo. I always found discussions like that just so strange.

In HS, I mounted an unsuccessful effort to enter veterinary sciences, the big answer was always "why" it won't be needed after Armageddon 😝😜

does anyone have their own story about professions that the witnesses believe will not be needed after the big A ?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Veterinary sciences wont be needed in the new world?? How silly of whoever told you that.

Animals wont be perfect, and of course would need qualified human assistance!

(That is of course assuming that the paradise is real)

• schnell
    schnell

Yes, why pursue something that interests you and is needed right now? It isn't as if the WTS would ever request help from individuals who have graduate degrees.

Anyway, when I was a reserve firefighter, I had an admittedly senile elder tell me it may affect my privileges if I carried a weapon. So that was silly.

I'm just glad nobody asked if I had to take an oath to protect the Constitution of the United States of America... *shrug*

• smiddy
    smiddy

I can only hope that preachers will get the bullet .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Isn't imaginative delusion fun ?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Pyramidologist

• waton
    waton

dis-appear? The various appointed "servants, overseers" in the congregation.

Eph. 4:11-- gave some as shepherds, teachers--13. until we all attain to the oneness in the faith, and the accurate knowledge--"

If the purpose of the teachers and shepherds is the perfecting of individuals the flock, their tenure, is limited, to the time until that is achieved.

• millie210
    millie210

"..... and no religion too......"

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Circuit Overseers What useful task can ex co's do?

Governing Body Member. All in hell. Sorry Heaven , unless they overlapping something

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Occupations that will disappear - evolutionists.

Hard luck, Professor Dawkins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit