Armaggedon pic from new childrens book?

by betweenworlds 10 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Does anyone have this book that could scan the pic? I heard tell that it was fairly graphic for a childrens book, rather in the spirit of the paradise book of the 50s.

Thanks

Shelli

• Matty
    Matty

There's a scan of it on this thread by dmouse:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/54252/1.ashx

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Wow! Thanks so much matty :) I appreciate the link.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

There are a number of illustrations that are questionable for children. Check out page 133. Here there is an illustration of Stephen being stoned to death. I don't want my child seeing this. An illustration of a man having his skull crushed by large rocks is not appropriate.

Page 137 shows a man being punched in the face. Not as bad, but still kind of violent.

On the lighter side...

See page 146 where David Hasselhoff (Mitch from Baywatch) is playing soccer right under a picture of Celine Dion.

Page 199 has Jesus portrayed either as 8 feet tall, or surrounded by midget Roman soldiers.

Page 246 is full of subtle suggestions. Bad boys smoke and wear their hats backwards. Bad men wear flannel shirts and have beards. Good boys wear suits and good men are clean shaven.

Page 251 clearly indicates that the Crayola crayon company will survive armagedon. Ditto for the Thermos (or maybe Coleman) company. Also Raggedy Anne obviously has no pagan origins, as the doll survived armageddon too.

Stan

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

obviously the Borg has not read my favorite raggedy Ann adventure: " Ann and the Wonderful Witch".\

Ravyn, who is busy renaming her crayons to more appropriate theocratic colors like Paradise Blue and Armageddon Red...Babylon The Great Purple, Bride of Christ White....

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

ooo ooo does this mean we get 144,000 crayons in a box?

Ravyn

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Rev 22:1

"And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out of the throne of God and of the lamb."

At least we can bottle up that water in our Coleman jugs and use it later. Just make sure you write your name on your jug with the crayon so we don't mix them up. Because if you touch my jug, I'll kill you!

Your loving brother,

Stan

• Hamas
    Hamas

See it and how the Watchtower portrays it on other occassions right here, amigo.

http://www.escapethewatchtower.com/Apocalypse_now.htm

• wasasister
    wasasister

The thing that bothers me most about this picture is the same thing that always bothered me, even as a faithful Dub, about Armageddon. It should be even more disturbing as we all saw the images of 9-11, a real-time, real-life enactment of pictures I saw many times in WT publications.

Here's my question: if God is all powerful, and can snuff out an army while they sleep, why is the death and destruction at Armageddon so violent? Why must "blood run like a river" and why must fire burn people as it rains from heaven? Isn't that almost like the concept of hell....punishment, not just obliteration?

I remember vividly how horrified people, even Witness people, were when they thought of the firey deaths of those victims in the WTC, some of them jumping to their deaths rather than burn. How could a loving God use this means of destruction if less violent means were possible?

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

The psycho man at the WTS must be having fun! I vividly remember the 'Paradise' Book, and the pictures in that book scared me for so long!!!!!!

Are these people freaks who like to scare you into believing?

The poor JW kids of today are being scared in the same way. This surely is not the way of a 'loving organisation'!!!!

Mrs Nightwarrior

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit