Letter from a friend in Iraq

by Yerusalyim 117 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here's a copy of the letter I've sent to the MAJ Rydbom that the Army has a record of.

MAJ Rydbom,

You've become somewhat of a celebrity. Your name has appeared on SNOOP.COM in connection with a letter you were supposed to have written to your Luthern Church back home. Here is the link: http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/rydbom.asp Is that your letter?

I came across this when a friend in Iraq sent it to me, at first I thougt it was his. I'm just curious as to the veracity of the letter and it's contents sir. Thanks for your time and your service.

SFC Cavalier

Again, knowing what we know about Saddam, what was wrong with taking him out?

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> you seem to suddenly have a huge credibility gap here Yeru.

Yeru,

Wherever the email came from, wherever your research leads, whoever Rydbom is... the above comment is true. For me, at least, anything you post from here on out "from a friend of mine" will be highly suspect and carry very little weight in any discussion.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yeru-

I am disappointed in you. In one fell swoop, you have entirely destroyed your credibility.

Yeru said in his original post:

but he is a Major with an Engineer unit in Iraq.

How convenient is it that Yeru's "friend" happens to be the very same rank of Major as Rydbom who was attributed as writing the letter on the website? How coincidental that he is also an engineer? You would have believe that a friend of yours sent you a letter which happens to be verbatim to one that is posted on the Internet and allegedly written by someone else there? On top of that, it is plagiarism of the highest form and any credible Army soldier would have given notice that it was something someone else wrote, and as a friend he wanted Yeru to read it.

Your busted Yeru. A shame that you would try to legitimize propaganda by insinuating that it came from a close friend of yours in the Army. Makes me laugh also that you are now able to contact Rydbom via an Army mail server, yet refused to give the name of your "friend" in the "initial" post.

How suspect.

I and others are very disappointed.

• gumby
    gumby
    P.S. Thanks TeeJay, but I don't consider myself as "back," just stopping by.

Can't ya stay just long enough to have some beer, chips, and salsa?

Nice to see your name on the board again Lew........we miss ya.

Gumby

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

"Would that be anything like someone trying to pass themselves off as a Mayoral candidate of a large Metropolitan City, but forgetting tons of vile and nasty comments stored on forums and emails all over the internet?" Who's trying to pass themselves off as a Mayoral canidate? Poor Lew, can't get over me, LOL.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hmmm...I think with all the threads about *niceness* recently, *some* of you might look in the mirror...

Oh, that's right. This is a political thread. It is ok to be *rude*. *Rude* being subjective of course. Just don't do it on a bible type thread....

Hi Lew. Welcome back. I hope you do stay for chips and salsa.

Yeru, don't let the left-wing wacko's get you down. Gosh, I hope that wasn't rude.

(Walks out, biting nails, wondering if she is sensitive enough for all the kind, sensitive types on the board lately)

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

While I agree that rudeness is unnecessary, are we going to be more concerned with people getting angered and venting emotion when they read someone attempting to put over propaganda on them?

Or are we going to be more concerned with the person posting intentionally deceptive statements?

Priorities should be in order. Lying outweighs anger and rudeness in my opinion. Ever for the Bible-thumpers, the lie originated with Satan the Devil.

Getting angered as a result of a lie or being lied to is a justifiable emotion. Especially when someone takes you for naive and tries to pass over a quick one on you solely to support their cause.

Left-wing wackos? You post to reprimand those who "insult" and are "rude" then categorize criticizers who have clearly caught someone in a lie as wackos?

Okay...

• Simon
    Simon

The other possibility is that, both being Major's in Iraq, they think and therefore write exactly the same. Perhaps they are the result of some Dr Frankenstein type cloning experiment to create the perfect soldier er engineer?

Maybe not.

I don't think it's a case of believing eveything one side says and not the other Lew. I just think that having been 'burnt' in our past lives that we may be a little more cynical and like to test things to make sure they are correct and as portrayed.

Many times people have posted things that have been critical of the WTS but which have been torn appart because they are untrue.

Whether something is true or not is more important than whether it from the right or left but who is likely to be most interested in veryfying it will depened on where it's from. Because of this, most sensible people are very careful before presenting things to avoid getting egg on their face.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Wackos? LOL Teenyuck, who's the one being passive agressive here?

• dubla
    dubla
    As far as Liberia goes, mortars were being lobbed at the embassy, since we are actually getting attacked in that situation, then I think we have the right to defend ourselves. Again defense, I agreed with going into afganistan, but not Iraq.

our embassy being attacked IS NOT the reason we are sending peacekeeping troops to liberia. it may be the reason the first batch is being sent over (to protect the embassy), but its far from the main reason we are being asked to send troops.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit