Will Lance make it number 5 this year?

by Stan Conroy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

And what great atmosphere !

I would love to be up on mountainside watching it, cheering these guys on...

I'm definately going next year...

Tyler Hamilton is also doing a great job with his broken collarbone and all. Armstrong held off well today ; I think he has mellowed and relies on tactics more than he ever did. I don't think he's losing it at all.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Hi Hamas,

I think he has mellowed and relies on tactics more than he ever did. I don't think he's losing it at all.

I just read an interview with Lance after todays race. Here is an interesting quote:

"It's obvious I'm not riding like I have in the past," Armstrong added. "I can't actually say why. But when you ride the climb to Alpe d'Huez four minutes slower than the last time, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out something is not clicking."

I hope he can win number 5, but if I were a betting man, I think I would start putting my money on Alexander Vinokourav. Notice what he said:

"I'm very satisfied with today but tomorrow we'll try to do something else. The dream of wearing the yellow jersey is still alive. I know I'm riding well and can do even better," he said.

This one is going to be a nail-biter right to the end.

Stan

• Hamas
    Hamas

Your right there !

Good to see contestants from all over taking part, Kazakhstan no exception !

Maybe Lance just hasn't got the right form this year. I hope something isn't wrong.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*bites nails*

• Hamas
    Hamas

Latest update, it seems that Vinokourov is losing the pace a bit. He's almost 90 seconds behind the group of Armstrong and Ullrich as they start the steep descent.

I think it's going to be decided by the last time trials at the end of the week.

Edited 10 mins later to add :

Wow ! Vinokourov has caught up !!! Amazin...

Armstrong has just made a break but a stupid spectator has moved to close and he crashed !! Ullrich has moved into second.

Wow ! Another great comeback by Armstrong, he surged ahead after his incident to hammer himself into the lead, catching the leader Sylvain Chavanel and finishing 40 seconds ahead of Ullrich ! Class.

Armstrong now 1 minute 7 seconds ahead of Aullrich !

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Looks like the old Lance is back. Give him a little adversity (like a needless crash) and he rises to the occasion. I'd say it's a safe bet that Vinokourov is no longer a contender.

I agree that the next ITT will determine the winner.

It's a 2 man race now.

Stan

• Simon
    Simon

Wow - awesome stage !

Lance was off his bike after clipping a spectator and had to fix the chain then nearly lost it again after going on for a bit.

Ulrich showed some good sportsmanship by slowing down the main pelleton for the Yellow Jersey to rejoin. Lance then launched a devastating attach up the climb.

I think that's probabyl won it psychologically although there are still people within reach if anything happens.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Tyler Hamilton won stage 16! The double fractured collarbone didn't seem to stop him. I wonder how he would have done this year if he was at 100%?

Stan

• freedom96
    freedom96

I love a winner, and he certainly is. I think it would be great to see him win again.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow..........go Lance go!

I'm just holding my breath, I would really love to see Lance win again............I don't have OLN so I can't watch the race all I get is news clips and stay tunned to the internet updates.

GO LANCE GO!!!!!!!!!

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit