Does Jesus Live Inside JW's ?

by Sea Breeze 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    If Jesus dwells inside of people, why is he apparently not present where only ONE has gathered in his name?

How can ONE "gather"?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? - 2 Cor. 13: 5
    When I was a JW, I would have been very uncomfortable allowing Jesus' spirit to live inside of me.

If you were a JW, you woudn't have read the King James Version, but the New World Translation, which gives a different rendering of the above scripture.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Axiomatically, this is symbolic like saying “God is my throne”.

@Fisherman: No, it is not.

AXIOM: A self-evident principle or one that is accepted as true without proof as the basis for argument; a postulate.

Is it self-evident that inanimate objects do not inhabit other people, yes. It is NOT SELF-EVIDENT at all that the spirit of God is the same as a chair and cannot inhabit people. To compare the two and claim that it is self-evident is evidence of a reprobate mind in my opinion. In other words, it's retarded.

Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates - 2 Cor. 13: 5

@Smiles :

If Jesus dwells inside of people, why is he apparently not present where only ONE has gathered in his name?

As previously mentioned by another poster, "one" cannot gather. Furthermore, when Jesus said this, it was before Pentecost and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Before Pentecost, Jesus was in the midst of any gathering in his name. (Omnipresence is a Characteristic of God, not angels btw) After Pentecost his spirit inhabited the believer.

The problem is that the bible and the WT say opposite things about this topic. The bible says Jesus gives us understanding. But the WT says that they do!

Compare This:

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true—His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5: 20

But the WT says understanding comes from them alone:

With This:

Even with all the aids that are available no one can understand the Bible unless he engages in private study...He must also associate with others of God’s organization - w57 6/1 pp. 325-328

“Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.” (The Watchtower, October 1, 1967, page 587)

“Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his “faithful and discreet slave,” made up of spirit anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.” (The Watchtower, December 1, 1981, page 27)

“We have the opportunity to show love for our brothers who take the lead in the congregation or in connection with Jehovah’s visible organization worldwide. This includes being loyal to “the faithful and discreet slave.” (Matthew 24:45-47) Let us face the fact that no matter how much Bible reading we have done, we would never have learned the truth on our own.” (The Watchtower, December 1, 1990, page 19)

“All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known only through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave.” (The Watchtower, October 1, 1994, page 8)

Just like in the Garden of Eden, we have a choice to make regarding whom to believe. This is why we are declared righteous by faith and not by works. Belief, precedes sin. It is a matter of our volition, not deeds. A moment before Eve sinned, she chose not to believe God, but another voice.

Whom we believe is the root of the problem, not sin.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't know, but I don't want Jesus trying to enter me.

Leave me alone, Lord ...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If Jesus enters me , is that then really me ? Or someone / somebody else.?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Smiddy,

Your question bothered me a fair amount for around 10 years after getting saved and born again. I don’t know if it had something to do with my JW background or because I am naturally self-willed person.

I don’t recall any other born again Christians wrestling with this question like I did. Kinda like a marriage, you do the best you can to choose wisely, but you never really know until you take the plunge.

All I can say is that the Spirit of God seems to run like some kind of background program…. Somewhat similar to the sub-conscious mind that effortlessly helps us reach our goals, mostly outside of our awareness.

The self isn’t lost, it is more like it is finally found.

• Smiles
    Smiles

If you go to a place of Jesus worship but end up being the only person present, by Jesus' own formula, he is not there.

You claim Jesus dwells inside of you, so, why would Jesus require two or three people gathered in order to summon his presence if he is already hiding inside of you...

Do the math.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Smiles

Do you believe that Jesus is really there in the midst of multiple believers meeting in His name?

• Smiles
    Smiles

No.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    A relevant question to ask within this topic is the following. "Do JWs want Jesus or Jehovah to live instead of them?" I think that if JWs (and maybe even non-evangelical Christians in general) were to think about the idea of Jesus or Jehovah/YHWH (God the Father) living inside of them, then most of them would dislike the idea, but perhaps I am wrong about that. I do know that I at least sure wouldn't like the idea. I would not want any other person, even Jesus or YHWH, living in me and hence possessing me. I also never wanted to live in heaven, instead (before I became baptized, later while I was a JW, and still later while was an independent Christian) I wanted to live forever as a human in paradise on Earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit