Aug.1 Watchtower - Get Kids Obsessed with Death!

by metatron 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Why are you talking of 'kids' and 'young people'? They are just approaching their readers which are rather old and think about death...

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good catch metatron,

They have come a long way . . . . . from Millions Now Living Will Never Die, to, "How Would You Like to Be Remembered?". Is this the new Watch Tower Society of the 21 Century?

When I was a JW kid in the 1950's I was told I would never have to even go to High School in this "Old System", never have to get married and raise kids in this old world, and never get old and certainly never die of old age. The Witness people who told me that are all mostly dead, my parents are in their middle 80's.

We were chastised if we even prepared for a life and mocked if we prepared for old age and death. We were not prepared for life and making a secure living. We were not at all prepared emotionally or financially to deal with retirement or bad health and we were certainly discouraged from planning for death. More than a few of us died without wills. Many of us lived into declining health and old age in poverty and without help from them. Often when we became too sick or too poor to be of use to them they neglected us and abandoned us. Those stories abound.

The cycle is, Lie - Discovery - Challenge - Rejection . . . .

It's repeated over and over every day. There is a system put in place by them for every stage. State One: Present the lie and reinforce it; Stage Two: Prevent discovery and be vigilant for those who have discovered the lie; Stage Three: Meet the challengers head on with judicial committees, silence them as soon as possible by; Stage Four: Rejection of all those who have discovered the lie and who have challenged, by shunning.

Neat, simple, predictable! Comments? GaryB

• cat1759
    cat1759

Well Gary,

It seems you have wrapped it up in such a few short words. Same here, none of my family would ever die. The end was coming, go pioneer where the need was great. Do it because the end is coming and you don't want to be caught not giving your all.

Well Dad died Nov 5,1998, huge wake up call for me. My dad should never have died. This was not the reality I was living. Was it my fault because I was no longer a practicing witness? Did I cause it all? At the time I thought I had. It was just a normal part of life.

Is Death God's practical joke for mankind? Or is it the GB's way of instilling fear? Life and death are part of the whole package, throw in taxes and you have a well rounded out look on life.

Cathy

• unique1
    unique1

Good point. While I was fully in the truth, my motto was "Life sucks, then you die!" I was depressed alot. Now that I am out, things make so much more sense and I am happier. Never thought it was the constant reminders that the end is near, but I think you may have figured the depression thing out. Thanks for the insight.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It's very interesting that this topic pops up. Me and my mother were having a discussion earlier about death. My dad's health is deteriorating before our very eyes. I can't understand what the hell he says anymore, he just seems to mumble. My mother can't figure out how he can drive to work, or do anything at work. He's got just about no energy, and his breathing is shit. I don't think there's much time left for him.

Now, my mother's trying to figure out what she's going to do if my father dies. He's incredibly in debt, and my mother won't be able to get by with the part time jobs she has. She didn't plan on this happening, she figured Armageddon would come before then. Now she's crashing into a brick wall, and reality is looking her straight in the eye.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Sadly, the fact is, in my view anyway, that religion's entire hold on people is based mostly on one factor - death. Fear of it, questions about it, avoiding it, you name it. It's fear of death that is the engine that drives religion, IMHO.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I'm very proud that I will be remembered as one that stood up and spoke up against the Jehover Witnits. Alot of my siblins walk around and don't dare say anything negative against the Hovers, god forbid , but not me, to this day, if you don't want my opinion on that cult, then you best not ask. When my j.w. siblins see me coming, I swear they run the other way. I honestly think they are scared of me!

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

Bloody Hell, how low can you go? I reckon if scientists could find a cure for death then the surviving members of the GB and all their cronies at Bethel would probably move into real estate ASAP. Shock news about Milton Henschel - the loyal dubs could have heared about it ages ago if they had taken the time to log onto this site...........

• reaper/03
    reaper/03

Yep, same as many of you, I was told as a kid in the 50s that our whole family would walk through into a wonderful New World where in dwelleth righteousness. I was the Oldest Child and now my whole family are dead and I am 56 yrs old. Thankfully we have now got out of the 'lying parasites' control and are just ordinary Christians now. Both of our daughters are now out of it, and I campaign regularly on a site based in the UK called www.reachout trust.co.uk to try and get JWs to realise how they are being lied to. However most of the 'drones' who are still in it, are so stupid, that they still believe every word they are told. So what does this latest WTower now say? Are they backing away from Armageddon is just round the corner carrot now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit