GOD's real Name is:

• CharlesTaze
    CharlesTaze

check this:

http://www.divinename.net

It is a Web Page of a Scholar

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

An interesting translation of The Lord'sPrayer, "Let your name be taboo, let your theocracy come...." I often wondered why Jesus would have praised the name of God, yet address him as simply Father. This translation may be the answer. The author of the words shared the prevaling view of jews in the first century that the name was too holy to declare out loud. This was the position that existed since the 2nd century BC. Remember in the "Life of Brian" the old man being stoned for saying "jehovah"? This was a well researched movie on many counts. If in fact Jesus had gone around saying the Name of God he would have been charged with blaspheme. Altho the authors of the Jesus stories depicted the religious leaders as taking issue with his teaching never once was this charge raised.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

God's real name at least means I AM WHO I AM. Not the Watchtower's rendering of "he who causes to become" which smacks of poor scholarship. Remeber what Jesus said "‘Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I AM." (Jn 8:58, NRSV). The name was meant to signify the mystery of God and for the Jews it was meant to separate God from gods. However, this is not needed in Christianity and the tetragrammation does not appear once in the NT.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Ignorance is correct - when God was asked what his name is he responded I AM. Yahweh means HE IS. Jehovah is a combination of Yahweh Adonai "The Lord he is" and is not a name at all but a title /reference.

Personally I don't think it matters which one you use, or if you choose just to refer to him as Father or God. The one that feels correct to YOU is the one you should use. But I do like to point out the problems with the translation of "Jehovah" because the dubs make such a big deal about it. They think they have the TRUTH because they know God's name - yet Jehovah is not his actual name.

When you make a mountain out of a mole hill you should check first to make sure the mole hill wasn't made of sand.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I forgot to name the translation, "The Judaeo-Christian Bible Fully Translated".

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

if you are talking about the Jehovah brand of god...well think about this....

YHWH is Yod He Vau He---it is male/female/male/female and Jehovah originally had a consort named Shekinah(as in the Holy Light in the Most Holy--remember?) Shekinah is the same as Asherah. The whole idea of a Trinity is actually in this case a Quadrinity! Father/Mother(Holy Spirit)/Son/Daughter(Bride or Church) is how it translated into gnostic christian sects. So YHWH is not the same as Jehovah, Jehovah is only one part of YHWH(which might also explain the plural gods who did the creating in Genesis chapter one as opposed the single deity Jehovah who made Adam in chapter two...)

why are both female aspects named the same? well how many 'Marys' were in jesus life? His mother, some say Mary Magdalen was his wife(especailly the said above gnostics) and if Mary of Bethany(sister to Martha and Lazarus)was a separate Mary from Mary Magdalen--well whats up with all the Marys? It goes along with the Mother of god concept too--She gave birth to the Son who is also the God....

Goddesses and women are always depicted as many faced. Maiden Mother Crone.....the original Trinity.

In pagan mythos of many different traditions the Mother gives birth to a Son without a Father and the Son grows to maturity and becomes the Mother's(who is now the Maiden) lover making her pregnant again only to go off and die. So Mother Mary, a virgin(or maiden) gives birth to the Son, and then he is destined to marry another Mary, but he dies....(the gnostics believe the wedding at Cana was jesus and Mary Magdalen and that he left her pregnant when he was supposedly crucified--which is another topic altogether). See the pattern?

now explain to me how this minor tribal jewish god came to be the ONLY TRUE GOD of billions?

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit