Who has the best chance of defeating Bush in '04?

by badwillie 44 Replies latest social current

• badwillie
    badwillie

bttt

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

“The biggest problem the Democrats have is they have no plan.“

Sure they do: it’s called do nothing. Except criticize Bush for being too aggressive. Except criticize Bush for not trying to be nice to the French and garner the approval of the rest of the non-leading world. He doesn’t have Clinton’s flair for doublespeak and showmanship (that explaining his crimes by explicating the various meanings of the word “is”. That takes some smarts, no doubt. His commitment from N. Korea to stop producing nukes was obviously so incredibly successful. Yes, the key, according to Clinton, is to charm ‘em. He, no doubt, could have negotiated with Saddam (as successfully as with N. Korea, I’m sure).

I used to be a dem. But I’m defecting. I’ve graduated grade school, and no longer see the “Dumb Repub” stereotype to be even remotely intelligent in and of itself.

Sure, people like Gore (although he scored less on his SAT’s than Clinton), are so much more supremely intelligent. (One wonders, based upon what data exactly?)

And yes, then there IS Gray Davis. The perennial "do nothing" guy until his arse is on the line. Whoa, then he wakes up! Yeah, I'm sure he's simply too smart for any of us averge Joe's to truly appreciate him.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Sure, people like Gore (although he scored less on his SAT’s than Clinton)

Than Bush, that should have read.

• Analysis
    Analysis

If the economy is going full speed ahead, no one will beat Bush. If not we will have a replay of 1976 and 1992. A Democratic Governor will come from no where and win.

By full speed ahead I mean Unemployment is down.

For Comic Relief I would love to see Hillary Clinton and Bush go at it in 2004.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    For Comic Relief I would love to see Hillary Clinton and Bush go at it in 2004.

If that were the case, no one would vote for any party. They'd vote any third party shmuck into office.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit