Who has the best chance of defeating Bush in '04?

by badwillie 44 Replies latest social current

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Jerry Springer

• Simon
    Simon

How about if I run for office? I hope I can count on all your votes ...

I am not well up on the current opposition parties in the US. It maybe like in the UK - the government is not trusted and not liked but we lack any real credible opposition.

I really wish the Tories would get shut of IDS because he is not going to win an election. Ken Clarke ... anti-spin, a real bloke, that's what we need.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Bush will be there through 08, stop deluding yourself and THANK GOD Bush is in now.

LOL. If he does there might be mass suicides. I don't think the majority of non-southern people can stand him for one minute longer than his four years.

ash

• willyloman
    willyloman

Simon, you've got my vote! However, if we waive the rules to let a foreign born individual be President, you'll have to fight Arnold Schwarzenegger for it, and he's big!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

the economy

if it continues to crumble, he'll be gone, regardless of who's running,

from an outsider, looking in

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

We'll write Simon in and place him in the Whig Party

Bush is only making up lost time. Clinton spent his years bending over backwards to every nation he could. I say send us Gore and we'll defeat him again and again.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't see any big contenders as of yet.

I think and hope Bush will win.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I am not well up on the current opposition parties in the US. It maybe like in the UK - the government is not trusted and not liked but we lack any real credible opposition.

Simon's comments reminded me of an interesting idea. Sack the govt, since it seems to be redundant. But, keep the lower level beaurocrat paper pushers for the services they provide. Maybe brits will be the first to take john lennon's advice (imagine).

SS

• dubla
    dubla
    I don't think the majority of non-southern people can stand him for one minute longer than his four years.

ash

well, luckily it isnt just the south that votes. im guessing bush wins going away, and not just the southern states.

aa

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    im guessing bush wins going away, and not just the southern states.

I don't know about that. In Jersey, you can't find a Bush supporter, unless they're over 65 YO. Most people are disgusted with him, as far as I've discussed with people. And I hit a wide range of people, rich, middle income, foreign, those who did vote for him, etc. (I work in IS, and come in contact with a lot of people per day. Politics frequently comes up.) I really think that he's going to have a helluva time with the north.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit